19

Proof

Braelynn's POV

Braelynn's POV

So this 'find out what my dad is up to' mission is going to take a little longer than I expected. But so far we've connected how those nights when I would see my dad sneaking out really late he was going to do business with a gang.

We don't know what type of business yet but you can already assume any business with a gang isn't good.

But I don't even wanna focus on that right now, Tonight Lucas is taking me on a date, it's just to the movies but that's the type of dates I like. Really relaxed, chill and inexpensive dates are the best.

"I just finished the dishes so I'm gonna head to Mackenzie's now." I shout to my mother who is in the living room.

"Ok honey be back before 8-"

"But mom that's not enough time, what about 9? Please it's only 1 hour extra." I plead and she gives in easily.

It's not my mom that's the problem it's my dad, he's always tryna be all strict and about rules even though he breaking most of them but whatever.

I walk out the house and down 2 houses where Lucas is waiting for me in his car. I walk to the passenger side and he unlocks the door allowing me to get in.

"Hey." I say while leaning in for a kiss. He pecks my lips twice before starting the car.

"What are we seeing?" I ask while he pulls out of the parking spot and drives away.

"Joker." He says and I nod.

"Heard that shit was crazy." Lucas adds on.

"Crazy good or crazy bad?" I ask while staring at the side of his face.

My boyfriend is so fine, like I can't imagine anyone being as handsome as Lucas. With his soft curly jet black hair, soft, caramel skin, nice plump, pink lips, his cute little freckles.

"I'm not gonna tell you because I know how your scary ass is." He says and I gasp.

"Lucas Coly how dare you? I'm not scary especially not movies."

"Yeah whatever you say Brae." He says sarcastically.

"Fine you'll see." I say while singing along to his playlist.

It takes about 15 minutes before we arrive and find a parking spot. We get out of the car and hold hands as we walk into the theater.

"Ok lets print out the tickets." Lucas always orders the tickets ahead of time so we can get the seats we want but it wasn't really necessary tonight.

Then we went to the concession stand where Lucas got me my favorite candy: sour punch and a drink, which of course I got my favorite pop, coke. He just got a drink and we into the theater. I like popcorn but I never eat enough of it and I can't take it home so I didn't get any this time.