23

Cute Date

1 WEEK LATER

1 WEEK LATER

Braelynn POV

Right now I am at my grandmothers house, from my dads side. She is the only one that trusts me to drive their car alone even though I shouldn't be driving alone. I have my permit and I can take my drivers test like a week after graduation so I've been dropping a hint about what I want my graduation present to be. A CAR please, and thank you. 

Lexi was here too but she was in the other room watching tv. I am pretty close with my grandma she is really cool about everything and not nearly as strict as my parents. They dropped us off here because they don't trust us to stay home alone or something I don't know they weird as fuck. One second they do and the next second they don't but whatever could be worse. 

That's when my phone dinged and it was a text from Lucas.

Lucas- Bae when can I come get you?

I smile at the text and get ready to respond but my grandma clears her throat. I look up at her weird and she's staring at me with a smirk.

"So what's his name?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Granny what you talking about?"

"The young man you're texting, what's his name?"

"I don't know what your talking about?"

"Ok can we skip the part where you act like you don't know nothing, I promise I won't say anything to your mom or dad now tell me." She says before turning around to finish the dishes.

"His name is Lucas but that's all I'm telling you." I say.

"Well maybe if you tell me a little more I'll let him come over." She says sneakily and I smirk. Told you she was cool.

So here's the problem I can't exactly tell her his age because I know she not going for it.

"We're just friends but I do like him, we have mutual friends but you know how your son is I barely see any of my friends outside of school."

"Just give it a few more weeks, you'll be 18 and they'll let you out more, just like they did to Noah."

"Granny you love me right?"

"Of course honey." She says and I start to walk over to her.

"And you know how strict dad is, I don't have a life."

"Yes I know..."

"So can you keep being the best grandma in the world and let met go out with my friends I'll be back before my parents get here." I give her the puppy dog face and she sighs.

"Me too?" I jump but turn to see it was Lexi giving her the same face. Eavesdrop much?

"Pleaseee."