A day missed

That night, you and Oikawa stayed at the hospital. Even though Oikawa had school the next day, he stayed with you to make sure everything was alright. His school was a bit far away so you were surprised he'd stay.

The doctors said that from old age, your grandma was sick. Your grandma had to stay in the hospital for a while to make sure she'd be ok and get help.

Now, you and Oikawa were waiting outside of the hospital room, waiting for you to be able to see her.

"You didn't have to come... you have school too." Your head was still down, upset about the fact that your grandma wasn't feeling well, you'd have no one to go home to, and... you made your 'friends' hate you.

"Don't worry. Today, my volleyball team doesn't have practice in the morning and we don't have any tests in class. Even if i miss something, Iwa-chan will tell me!" He grins and gives you a thumbs up. You smiled inside, happy that you at least had one more friend to make you feel better.

"Thank you... Oikawa-kun. Since yesterday at school, things have been pretty bad... i'm glad that you were there to help." You smile a small smile towards him while a few tears fall down your cheeks.

"A-ah! Don't cry! It's ok (n/n)-chan!" Oikawa quickly pulls you in for a hug. He makes you feel warm inside, even in the cold hospital hallway.

"(L/n) (Y/n)?" A nurse comes out of the hospital room you both sit by. "You can come see your grandma now." She smiles and Oikawa lets you go.

You nod your head and stand up. "I'll be waiting right here (n/n)-chan!" He gives you a thumbs up and a grin again before you nod and walk into the room.

"Grandma...?" You step into the room quietly, trying to make sure your grandma was ok.

"Mhm my dear (Y/n)? Where's your boyfriend~?" She asks which makes you blush.

"I-I don't have a boyfriend!" You tell before apologizing and bowing. "Sorry for being too loud..." Your Grandma laughs a little.

"Also... My 'friends' and i aren't on very good terms right now... I also don't really want to talk about it."

Your Grandma nods in understanding. "So, are you going to be fine?" You sit down in one of the chairs beside her hospital bed.

"Hmm, I'm not very sure. Your grandmas getting pretty old!" She chuckles. "Soon, you're going to have to find someone else to cool you food. Won't be as good as mine though..." She smirks and jokes.

"B-but Grandma... I don't want you to go..." Tears start welling in your eyes again.

"It's won't be now, but it will happen in the future (L/n)." Since your grandma called you by your last name, you could tell she was bending very serious.

"I....I understand.." You say looking down at you hands, as you move your fingers around.

"Come on deary, maybe I'll come back as...a butterfly... hmm a duck? Or... I got it! A cat!" She says excitedly. "I've always wondered what it'd be like to jump and laze around. I want to jump from roof to roof like spider boy!"

You smile and looks up. "G-Grandma, it's Spider man!" You say, trying to control your laugh. Soon enough, you start crying again and your grandma hugs you.

"Hm, you've missed a day of school! You won't have perfect attendance this year."

"Grandma... I promise I'll go tomorrow." You smile your best smile at her before you hug her again.

"There there dear." She strokes your hair as you calm down.

You didn't know what would happen the next day, but you'd be sure to treasure it.