4. Engagement and Promises

"I made a wish and you came true"
_____

4. Engagement and Promises

           SHWETA WAS ECSTATIC when Parul informed her that Shreya had agreed for the marriage. Both the woman decided to talk to their respective priests for the engagement and marriage date. Shreya hoped that the priests would say there are no auspicious dates for the next three years or something like that but nothing happened like that.

Infact the priests informed the families that the next day was auspicious for engagement and exactly after ten days it was an auspicious day for their marriage. If they don't get married that day they would have to wait for the next five years. Aarav was happy that he had to only wait for ten days. He was even more happy because today he was getting engaged with her.

He couldn't even sleep properly last night because his mind was filled with her. He couldn't get her out of his mind. Everytime he closed his eyes, her face flashed in front of him. The images of her in his arms weren't leaving his mind. Was it just crush or love? , he thought. He was behaving like a teenager who had finally found his crush.

Shreya was still numb and to top that she was getting engaged today. She felt like her life was getting worse day by day. She didn't even know the guy she was about to marry because of her stubborness. Her family was busy with all the preparations. She was going to wear a pink lehenga for the engagement. No one was invited except for Jai and Diksha. Yeah, the newly weds were going to stay in Mumbai till their best friends got married.

Both the families had spent their mornings in the engagement preparations. Aarav had decided to stay in Mumbai for today and was leaving for Pune tomorrow morning. The engagement ceremony was in the afternoon.

Shreya was getting all dolled up by Diksha and Saloni for her engagement. Her hair was straightened and left down. She didn't wear any accessories except for earrings and bangles. Shreya was irritated by all the makeup Diksha and Saloni had made her wear. She wasn't use to all that.

Aarav was ready and eager to see his fiancee. He couldn't wait to reach the Chauhan's Residence. Since Aanchal and Neil were in London and couldn't come to Mumbai on such short notice they were going to see their engagement through skype.

"Mom! Are you guys done??", Aarav asked impatiently.

"Oooo look someone is getting so impatient", Forum teased as she fixed the drape of her saree.

"I know... just imagine how eager he will be on the wedding day", Rishabh said laughing.

Aarav glared at his siblings but deep down he knew they were right. He was getting impatient as each minute passed and he was eager for his wedding. But why shouldn't he be? You marry only once in a lifetime and not everyone gets lucky enough to spent rest of their lifetime with the person they love.

"Forum, Rishi don't tease him. He is just nervous", Shweta said pecking Aarav's cheek.

Aarav grinned at that while Forum and Rishabh scoffed.

"Okay enough with the teasing. Aarav, Rishi go and get the car ready. We will be down in ten", Neela said sternly.

Aarav and Rishabh nodded. After ten minutes, the Shah family were in their two cars as they headed to the Chauhan Residence.

__________

             SHREYA WAS SITTING in her room waiting for the door bell to ring. As if on cue the door bell rang. She was getting nervous and her palms were sweating. She didn't know how this was going to end. She was scared to get close to any man except for her brother and best friend. She reminded herself she could do it. Its not like she hated males but she was scared to get close to any male.