19. Favourite Place

"The sound of your heart beats is my favourite music"
______

19. Favourite Place

               SHREYA AND AARAV were standing in front of their apartment. Shreya had asked Sujata and Arpit's family to hide in a corner since she wanted to surprise Shweta and Manish as tomorrow was their 35th anniversary but she had decided to give them the gift before their anniversary.

Shreya was expecting someone from the Shah family to open the door but was surprised when Saloni opened the door.

"Di?", Saloni asked surprised.

"Of course, its me!", Shreya said rolling her eyes and Saloni quickly engulfed her in a bone crushing hug.

"Saloni! Who is at the door?", Rishabh asked as he entered the living room.

"Bhabhi?", Rishabh said but it came out as a question.

"Hey! Even I'm here! I'm not invisible!", Aarav complained.

Shreya pulled away from Saloni and rolled her eyes at her husband.

Finally she was coming in terms with their relation. He was slowly creeping in her heart but yet she wasn't ready to reveal her past to him. It was a huge part of her life hidden from everyone. A dark secret which was suppose to be hidden in the chambers of her heart but she couldn't keep it hidden from Aarav.

Will he understand my pain? Will his love remain the same? Will he still heal me? So many questions but no answers.

Because time was the answer to her questions. Time and his love was going to heal her.

"Shreya"

"Shreya!"

"SHREYA!!!", Aarav's voice broke her trance of thoughts.

"Sorry spaced out", Shreya said apologetically.

"Well, where is Mom and Dad?", Aarav inquired.

"Everyone is visiting the temple", Rishabh said.

"Leaving you both alone?", Shreya asked raising her eyebrows.

"Ummm... that..."

Saloni tried to explain but Shreya interrupted.

"We will talk about this later", Shreya said looking at Rishabh and Saloni.

They both nodded.

"We have guests here", Shreya said as she asked Sujata and Arpit's family to come inside.

Rishabh was surprised to see everyone but anyways smiled at the family.

"Please make yourself comfortable till then I will prepare tea for everyone", Shreya said smiling.

"Shreya, I don't drink tea. Can you please prepare coffee for me?", Tanay, Arpit's son said.

"Sure thing. Saloni, can you please help me", Shreya said as she made her way inside the kitchen.

Saloni nodded and glanced at Rishabh who gave her an assuring smile. Aarav was observing both of them and knew something was fishy.

Saloni followed Shreya like a lost puppy. Once they were in the kitchen Shreya looked at Saloni.

"Does Dad know you're here?", Shreya asked as she added tea powder in the water.

Saloni widened a little as she wasn't expecting her sister to ask that question.