40. Rajeev Kapoor

"No matter how much you try to hide the truth, one day it will finally reveals itself"
_____

40. Rajeev Kapoor

Rajeev Kapoor's Pov

AS I ENTERED the huge mansion, I couldn't help but feel empty. It had nearly been ten years since Mom and Dad's demise. The entire property was on my name. I was the only heir of my family and business. Like some people quoted "I was filthy rich" but what was the use of so much of money when you had no one to spend it on.

It had nearly been 27 years now. 27 years since I got the news of Gauri's demise. For some odd reason, it was hard to believe that she was no more. I despised myself and my existence. I didn't know anything what had happened to her after I left for London. I wished she would have told me that she was pregnant and my baby was growing inside her womb.

The thoughts of their death made my heart clench. Everyday I would wake up in the hopes that their death was just a bunch of lies but at the end of the day the truth would hit me like a train. I had my men trying to find any clue, any information about Gauri and my baby for the past 27 years but all they got was bullshit information.

I tried contacting Pankaj and Pooja but it seemed that all of a sudden they had disappeared from this world. Gauri's elder sister, Niharika was the only one I could track down but she told me the same story what Pooja and Pankaj had told me.

I sat on the chair waiting for my men's call so they could give some valid information this time. It was after fifteen minutes that my phone rang with Akansha's name flaunting on the screen.

After Pooja told me Gauri was no more, I had told everything to Akansha. I had expected her to yell and make a scene but she never did anything like that. She stood by my side and proposed that we should get divorced. Our divorce was something the media had used as the 'hot spicy gossip' but despite of all this Akansha stood by my side and helped me to recover with Gauri's loss. She tried her best to be there as a friend for me and so did Manish but I could never accept the fact that I had lost my love and child.

The two years of marriage I had spent together with Akansha weren't like husband and wife. They were more like two friends living under one roof. In those two years, though I didn't remember Gauri I couldn't bring myself to love Akansha or get emotionally and physically attached with her. After our divorce, we both had become best friends just like me and Manish.

Akansha was rich and single. She had planned on being single for the rest of her life whereas Manish was a rich middle class guy who had his own family. A wife who loved him and three children. Two daughters and a son. He had invited me to his place multiple of times but I would deny it. There were times when I felt envious of him for having such a perfect and loving family who he could cherish for the entire life. He may not be filthy rich like me and Akansha but he was rich when it came to having loved ones.

I slid the green option and answered her call.

"Hey RK!"

"Yeah Akansha..."

"Always the grumpy one"

"Hey I am not grumpy its just I miss Mani"

"So give him a call you idiot! Are you waiting for some auspicious time? "

"Nooo! Its just its nearly been 5-6 years since we last spoke to each other"

"So what Raj? Out of all the people you should know that even if you call Manish after 20 years he will welcome you with open arms"