6. Day Dreaming

"Mehendi lagake rakhna, doli sajake rakhna
Lene tujhe oh gori, aayenge tere sajna!"
_____

6. Day Dreaming

          OUT OF THE TEN DAYS, six days had passed by in a blur. Shreya had spent those five days shopping for all the rituals. Aarav had returned to Mumbai since the marriage rituals were starting from tomorrow.

Tomorrow was the mehendi ritual. Everyone was happy except for Shreya. In the past six days, she had figured out Aarav was a nice guy. She didn't deserve him. He was a pure soul and she was nothing but a damaged piece. She had decided that she would call off the marriage tomorrow even if it meant sacrificing her family. She would do anything but she couldn't destroy his life.

Shreya fell asleep hoping she wouldn't get any nightmare tonight. It was around three in the morning when Shreya started squirming in her sleep restlessly as a very well known face kept flashing infront of her face. She was sweating and trashing in her sleep as she found it hard to breathe and suddenly she found him sitting in front of her with a smile.

She stared at him and tried to reach for him but as she realised she couldn't hold him or touch him her eyes filled with tears.

"Shhh...You know KitKat how much I hate when you cry", he said as he tried to wipe her tears.

"I miss you", Shreya choked.

"Me too but I'm here today for a different purpose. Don't cancel the wedding KitKat that boy loves you. Give him a chance to heal you, to love you. Don't hold on to your past because it will only hurt you"

"But..."

"If you love me kitkat then give him a chance you won't regret it. Its time you take risk and always remember I'm watching you from above. My blessings are with you and I love you, KitKat. Always have and always will", he said kissing her forehead and before she could hold me he vanished.

Shreya woke up with a jerk. It seemed so surreal like he was present right here. He looked happy and he wanted her to be happy. She had so many secrets buried inside her that it was hard for her to be happy. He asked her to let go off her past but was it that easy? In all these years she had never dreamt of him. She would get nightmares but this... this was so different.

She recalled his words, "If you love me kitkat then give him a chance you won't regret it"

She sighed as she laid back on her bed. I won't cancel the wedding oreo, she mumbled imagining him smile at her as his cute dimples appeared.

__________

          NEXT MORNING WAS an extremely cheerful morning for the Shah and Chauhan family. The Chauhan's were busy with all the decorations for mehendi while the Shah's were busy with the mehendi preparation. Neela along with Shweta had decided to prepare an organic mehendi instead of buying the mehendi cones.

Aanchal and Neil along with Yash had decided to stay in Mumbai for a month. Aarav was busy on his laptop trying to cover his work of the past few days. Aanchal knocked on Aarav's door.

"Come in", he yelled with his eyes still fixated on the screen.

"Aarav, come on keep that laptop aside", Aanchal said as she entered his room.

"Di, too much work is pending", Aarav said rubbing his face.

"You can do that after your wedding", Aanchal said.