12. Friend Before Her Husband

"Tere saath mera hai naseeb juda
Tujhe paake adhura na raha"
_____

12. Friend Before Her Husband

          "MAN, THERE'S SO much of traffic!", Shreya said frustrated.

Aarav chuckled at her impatient behaviour. It had been an hour since they left their house and were stuck in traffic. Shreya was bored to death sitting in the car.

"How long will it take for us to reach Pune?", Shreya asked tapping her foot impatiently.

"There's still a lot of time", Aarav said as the signal went green.

"Finally green!", Shreya sighed and Aarav chuckled.

"What is so funny that you're laughing?", Shreya asked glaring at him.

"You", he said his attention on the road.

"Glad you find me funny, my lord!", she said sarcastically.

"Are you getting bored?", Aarav asked looking at her with amusement.

Shreya was busy clicking selfies. Aarav shook his head chuckling lightly. Honestly, if someone would have told him five days back about Shreya's childish behaviour he would have told them to fill a form of a mental asylum for themselves. Seeing Shreya so carefree around him made his heart flutter with joy.

He didn't wanted to rush their relation. Before a husband, he wanted to be her friend. A friend who she can confide in without any hesitation. He loved her and he was ready to wait for her until eternity. She was his now. He wanted to mould her and heal her. He wanted to give her so much because that was exactly what she deserved. Love and care not abandonment and ill words.

He would cherish her until his last breath. Her comfort was what mattered to him. When she told him she didn't wanted him to touch her, he understood she didn't wanted any physical contact between both of them not even a hug. He was okay with it after all he was in love with her soul not her body. He would compile with all her wishes but he would never let her go. He would fight for her even if it meant breaking his own heart.

"Aarav???", Shreya's voice pulled him out of his trance.

"Yeah?"

"Did you even hear a single word that I said?", Shreya asked narrowing her eyes at him.

"If I say no, will you get mad at me?", Aarav asked smiling sheepishly.

"I was right! You didn't hear anything!", she said pouting.

"I'm sorry, babe. It won't happen again", Aarav said holding one of his ears.

"Pinky promise?", she asked forwarding her last finger.

"Pinky promise", Aarav said intertwining his finger with hers.

"So how about we get to know each other?", Aarav asked.

"Like favourite colour and all?", Shreya asked turning her attention to him.

Aarav nodded.

"Okay, I don't mind", she said smiling.

"Favourite colour?"

"Red. Yours?", Shreya asked.

"Guess", Aarav said smirking.

"All types of black!", she said laughing.

"On point!", Aarav said.

Her laughter was like music to his ears and so was her voice. Her voice was no less than a baby.