45. Paranoid

45. Paranoid

THE ENTIRE NIGHT passed by with Shreya tossing on her side of the bed. Since she was pregnant Aarav had decided to keep cushions in between them while they were sleeping. Shreya let out a frustrated growl as she glanced at the table clock. It was already six in the morning. The entire night Samay's face and wicked smile kept haunting her. Her mind wouldn't stop replaying that one word he had mouthed to her.

She had thought he had given up on her but maybe she was wrong. He was still obsessed with her and that was exactly what terrified her. She wanted to talk to Aarav about this incident but she didn't wanted to spoil his mood after all it was Shweta and Manish's anniversary. This year they had planned a lot for the party. Her anniversary party had become a mess and no matter what she wanted this party to be perfect without any drama.

In the past few days, Aarav had been extremely busy with his office work and she wanted him to relax and enjoy this party. She sighed and decided not to tell Aarav anything about the incident. Throwing the duvets away from her body, she made her way towards the washroom.

As she brushed her teeth, she gazed at the reflection of her face. The once glowing face was pale, dark circles had formed below her eyes and it seemed like the twinkle in her eyes had just vanished somewhere. She couldn't help but think that her happiness wouldn't last longer but what if she was hallucinating? Maybe it was just some psychopath who she might have seen? She sighed and continued to brush her teeth whilst her mind debated whether she should tell Aarav or no.

Stripping off her clothes, she turned on the shower. The cold water drenched her body and her mind clogged with the memories of her past. As she washed her hair, her own sobs and pleadings filled her ears. As she washed her body, her past memories haunted her and before she knew her eyes were filled with tears. She kneeled on the floor sobbing unable to handle the pain she felt wishing to change her past.

It was an hour later that Aarav finally woke up from his slumber. Rubbing his eyes, he glanced on the other side of the bed hoping to see Shreya but all he found was empty sheets. He looked around the room but he couldn't find her. He immediately threw the duvets away from his body and walked towards the washroom. He knocked on the door hoping she would reply like usual but he got no response. His heart was beating erratically as his mind conjured worst scenarios in his mind.

How could he be so stupid? If he hadn't built that cushion wall maybe he would have known when she woke up and how long it had been since she was inside the washroom.

"Shreya! Open the door!", Aarav yelled banging his fists on the door.

"Shreya please! Open the door!", Aarav yelled but again he didn't get any response.

It was after fifteen minutes that Shreya opened the door and Aarav hugged her tightly.

"God! You have no idea how much you scared me! I thought some... something happened to you", Aarav said as he pulled back from her.

Shreya stared into his charcoal black eyes. She could see the worry, pain and tears in his eyes. She had no idea how long she had been under the shower crying. If it was not for Aarav knocking at the door and yelling her name she would have still been there.

What was wrong with her? How could she be so careless and stupid? She wasn't alone anymore. She carried a life with herself. What if something would have happened to her or her baby? She had to be strong not for herself but for her baby and for the man she loved so much, she thought as Aarav cupped her face in his palms.

"Shreya, don't you ever do that to me again! I nearly died worrying about you", Aarav said his voice filled with anguish.

"I.. I am so... sorry... I didn't mean to scare you Aarav! I am sorry!", She finally broke down in sobs as she saw his vulnerable state.