24. Alpha Male

"Possessiveness makes a man look more sexier"
______

24. Alpha Male

Four months later....

           AARAV ENTERED THE room and kept his bag on the bed. Not wasting time, he immediately went into the washroom and took a quick showered. Changing into casual wear, he grabbed his phone and car keys as he headed downstairs.

Today was Saturday. Aarav's and Shreya's day. It was a regular Saturday routine. Aarav would come home from office, take a quick shower and would go to the hospital in the hopes that his love would finally wake up.

Ten months. It had exactly been ten months since Shreya's accident. All her physical injuries were healed but she was still in coma.

On the way to the hospital, Aarav stopped at the florist shop. Again a Saturday routine. Aarav purchased the pink roses and paid the lady for it.

After fifteen minutes, he finally reached ths hospital. Parking the car in the parking lot, he entered the hospital and went straight to the third floor.

He entered the room to find Forum and Samar sitting next to his wife.

"How are you?", Forum asked giving him a small smile.

"Good", Aarav said curtly as he looked at Shreya.

"I guess we will take a leave", Samar said as he and Forum left Aarav alone with Shreya.

He walked towards the vase which was besides Shreya's bed as he picked up the wilting flowers and replaced them with the pink roses he had bought.

Throwing the wilting flowers in the trash can, he walked towards the chair where Forum had been sitting priorly. Sitting on it, he took Shreya's hand in his hand.

"Hey wifey! How are you?", Aarav asked trying to sound cheerful.

"Guess what? Our Yash is going to turn two years old soon... Baby, this time he wants his Mami with me too...", Aarav said pecking her hand.

"It's been ten months, Shreya... and now its getting difficult to live without you. It's hard to wake up with cold sheets besides me. It's hard to not hear your voice and see your smile", Aarav said with tears in his eyes.

He removed the vermillion box which he always carried with himself. Taking a pinch of vermillion, he filled in her partition and pecked her forehead.

"Please baby, wake up..", he said holding her hands.

"You love to read, right? I... I have bought Half Girlfriend. Chetan Bhagat is one of your favourite authors, right?", Aarav said wiping his tears as he reached out for the book which was placed on bedside table.

Aarav had asked Forum to bring the book so he could read it to Shreya at night.

Next three hours, he read the book out to her. He couldn't help but compare Shreya to Riya, the book character. He had read the book before and his heart had clenched as the book had revealed Ria's dark past.

The only thing common between Ria and Shreya was their past. His heart thumped loudly in his chest as he thought about something bad happening to Shreya in the past. No, he wasn't scared of knowing her past but he was scared of what she might have faced in her past.

Why her belief in love broke? Why did she get so distant from everyone? Why was she always so guarded? Why she couldn't let anyone inside her heart?