57. Hope

57. Hope

Shreya's Pov

One month later, Delhi.

"Sasha Ma'am will be meeting you at Dr. Sharma's clinic", The driver whose name I had learnt was Raheem informed as he drove the car in the direction of the clinic.

I just nodded and kept mum. Today after four months finally Samay had allowed me for my check-up and ultrasound session. My belly had grown now and was quite on display. I was finally rid of my morning sicknesses but the cravings still remained.

Thanks to my pregnancy my skin glowed but my eyes remained hollow. My eyes moisten again as I remember what happened four months ago.

I gazed outside the window and rubbed my belly slowly. I wished Aarav would have been here with me right now. I wished I would have listened to Dad and stayed in my room. I wished I could go back in time and change my actions.

"Shreya beti... Don't worry have faith in God. Everything will be good and soon you will be out of this hell", Raheem Uncle said.

I didn't reply and continued to gaze outside the car window. Raheem Uncle was an old man who worked for Samay. He wasn't helping Samay willingly. Like I had expected Samay was using each and every man's family as a weapon against them so they would help him in his plan. I couldn't blame them as they really didn't have an option but I wished it was that simple to get out of this hell hole. I had tried several times to get out of here but it wasn't that easy because of my pregnancy.

The car stopped and I realised we were stuck in traffic. My eyes wandered outside the window observing the surroundings until my eyes fell on someone and I sucked in my breath as my eyes fell on him.

This had to be some fucking joke! Or maybe I was hallucinating things. Was he really here? Or was my mind conjuring stuff? Could it be him? No! No! Maybe it wasn't him but what if it was him? What if it was my Aarav?

I looked out of the glass window of the car with my eyes fixated on him. I felt the entire surrounding around me vanish. He was the only one I could see in that moment. His hair were dishevealed and his eyes were trained on his phone.

God let that man be my Aarav, I mentally prayed.

"Aarav!", A woman called him and he looked up.

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes brimmed with tears. Tears of happiness. That man was no one else but my Aarav. I wanted to open the damn door and run in his arms, away from this hell. I was right in front of him yet so far from him. Samay's men were right behind our car and if they realised Aarav was in town, Samay would kill him.

I looked at Aarav's face and tried to control my tears. His face looked tired as if he had too many sleepless nights. He ran his hands through his hair as he spoke to the woman who I just realised was his Mom. My eyes moistened as I looked at him through the glass window. I was craving to be in his arms, to be near him and forget everything that has happened in the past few months. The feelings were overwhelming and it was becoming hard to control myself.

Before I could do something stupid, Raheem Uncle started the car and I was forced to look away from him. I wanted to get out of the car and run into the safety of his arms but instead I sat in the car crying my heart out.

"Was he your husband?", Raheem Uncle asked.

I nodded as I tried to control my tears. The driver gave his mobile to me and I looked at him with disbelief.