49. Ganesh Pujan

So here's the next update! Its a little based on Indian traditions and rituals.

______

49. Ganesh Pujan

"GOOD MORNING!", SHREYA chirped as she slid in her chair .

"Good morning", Aarav said as he sat besides Shreya for breakfast.

Shweta served Aarav pancake and Shreya sandwich along with juice.

"How is your morning sickness?", Shweta enquired.

"Still same", Aarav said grumpily.

Forum giggled and Aarav looked at her.

"Why are you giggling?", Aarav asked frowning.

"Mom asked Shreya, not you", Forum replied.

"So? Can't I reply on my wife's behalf?", Aarav asked arching a brow at his sister.

"But the question was directed towards her, not you", Forum argued.

"When will they grow up?", Aanchal muttered under her breath.

"But trust me, it's amusing to watch them bickering", Neil whispered.

"Yeah but not when you are having a crazy headache", Aanchal said munching her sandwich.

"So what? Shreya has no problem why are you poking your dirty witch nose in middle?", Aarav yelled.

"Did you just call me a witch?", Forum asked horrified.

"Yeah witchy witch", Aarav said smirking.

"Oh you're so fucking dead", Forum said narrowing her eyes at him.

"I am still fucking alive!", Aarav said poking his tongue out.

"You won't fuc..."

"FORUM! AARAV! ENOUGH!", Shweta yelled at the duo.

"Now Mom will be like... 'How many time should I tell you both no cursing in this house? For once in your life behave like adults rather than behaving like five year old kids!", Aanchal said mimicking Shweta and exactly after a minute Shweta repeated the same words making Neil burst off laughing.

The rest of the breakfast was full of chaos with Shweta scolding Aanchal, Aarav and Forum bickering, Rishabh teasing Shreya, Neil, Samar and Manish discussing about current economic situation and Neela taking care of Yash.

After the breakfast was done, everyone hurried to go to their respective work place. It was a daily occurence for the Shah siblings to get late. Shweta would get tired screaming and yelling at her children but they never got tired irritating her. In those moments, she felt like they were kids again who she had to scold to hurry up so they would reach school on time.

"Shreya! Aarav!", Shweta called out as the couple was about to leave the apartment.

"The priest has told that the Ganesh ji's idol must be brought home in between 6:30 to 8 pm. So please try to bring the idol within this time only and secondly cover the idol's face", Shweta said and the couple yelled an okay before leaving the house in a hurry.

The day passed by in a rush. Shweta and Manish decorated the house with Akansha and Rajeev's help. A small pandal was set up for Ganeshji's idol. It was beautifully decorated with mirror balls, honeycomb balls and flowers.

Shreya and Aarav both took a half day leave in order to find the perfect, sweet and eco-friendly idol of Ganesh ji.

"Aarav! It's already 5:30 and we haven't found our Ganesh ji's idol yet", Shreya whined as she ate the burger they had grabbed from Mc'donalds on the way.