9. Accepting Her

"Family is the one who defends you even in your absence"
_____

9. Accepting Her

          EVERY GIRL DREAMS of her wedding. She has certain plans about her wedding. She wakes up excited and happy but in Shreya's life there was nothing normal because she was not like every other girl and neither was this her dream wedding.

Parul and Saloni were busy with the guests while Prem and Shaurya were not in the house. The Haldi ceremony was about to begin at eight in the morning but Shreya had still not come out of her room.

Parul decided to go and check on her. She knocked the door but there was no response from Shreya. She called out her name but again she didn't get any response. She was growing anxious. Saloni too tried but again the same. All the guests had started gossiping. Saloni immediately called Shaurya and Aarav  and informed them about the situation.

Parul's mind was conjuring all the worst scenarios. She couldn't lose her daughter and another child again. Prem entered the apartment with the Shah family women. All of them looked confused and had no idea what was going on.

Parul and Saloni kept calling Shreya's name but she wouldn't open the door. Aarav and Shaurya practically ran towards her room as soon as they entered the house.

"Saloni, bring me the keys of her room", Shaurya said as he and Aarav banged the door.

"Bhai, keys", Saloni said as she handed him the keys.

Shaurya gave the keys to Aarav. Aarav tried opening the door with keys but failed.

"The door is jammed I guess", Aarav said running his fingers through his hair.

"Then break the door!", Prem ordered.

Aarav and Shaurya asked everyone to move aside so they could kick the door. After five kicks, the door finally broke.

Aarav entered the room and found Shreya lying on the floor. He picked her up in bridal style and laid her on the bed.

"Someone please call a good doctor", Aarav said as he caressed Shreya's hair and tried not to panic.

"I'm a doctor, Aarav. Let me check her", Shaurya said as Aarav got up and stood besides a worried Shweta.

Aarav glanced around in the room. He looked at Parul who was crying as Saloni tried her best to calm her mother down. For the first time, he noticed the worry in Prem's eyes. Aanchal and Forum were standing with a worried look and the guests? Well what can you expect from them except for gossiping.

"She's fine. Just a little stressed", Shaurya said as he kissed Shreya's forehead.

"Did she faint?", Aanchal asked.

"Yeah, I think we should let her rest for a while", Shaurya said and everyone quickly emptied the room.

"Isn't it bad luck for the bride and groom to meet each before their wedding?", a woman asked.

"Oh c'mon don't be superstitious besides he was just worried about her", another woman said.

"I'm sure she's doing drama", a woman said.

"Why would she?", Another woman inquired.

"Don't you know she wanted to stay single?", the first woman asked.

The others gasped in shock.

"Single? Is she having an affair or something? You know an affair with some other religion boy?", a woman inquired.