17. Taking Care Of Her

"Don't ever believe when a woman says she is fine"
______

17. Taking Care Of Her

Aarav's Pov

           I WOKE UP to the sound of the alarm buzzing. I groaned and switched it off. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes and turned to my right to see Shreya was still asleep.

Weird. She never sleeps this long.

I glanced at the clock it was nine in the morning. I pulled the duvet away from my body and decided to shower. After fifteen minutes as I walked outside the washroom, I found Shreya still sleeping.

I quickly changed into a fresh pair jeans and t-shirt since Shreya had insisted on going for shopping today. I walked towards the bed and decided to wake her up. As soon as I touched her hand, I realised she was shivering. I touched her forehead hoping it was not what I was thinking but it seemed I was right.

She had fever. High fever.

I quickly called our family doctor but his phone was out of coverage.

Simply great!

I heard Shreya groaning so I quickly went by her side.

"Aarav...", Shreya called out.

"Yeah hon, I'm right here", I said holding her small hand in my large ones.

"Water", she said.

I screwed the lid open of the bottle and filled the glass with water.

"You need to sit, Shrey", I said.

Arranging the pillows behind her back, I helped her sit. Taking the glass from the bedside table, I handed her the glass. She drank the water slowly as I watched her.

"Should I turn off the air conditioner?", I asked.

She nodded in response.

I quickly turned off the air conditioner and tried to call the doctor again but still the same response.

"Shrey, I think we should go to the doctor", I said as she handed me the glass back.

"No, I'm fine", she said.

"Look at yourself, Shrey! You're no where near fine", I said placing the glass on the table.

"I am"

"No, you're not"

"I am"

"Not"

"I *coughs* am *coughs* fine"

"If you're fine you wouldn't be coughing right now", I said trying to put some sense in her thick headed skull.

"What is the date today?", she asked pulling the duvet over her body.

"3rd September, why?", I asked sitting beside her on the bed.

"Call Niyu", she said softly.

"Niyu?", I asked confused.

"Saloni. Call her", she said.

This girl was impossible. She's sick and she wants to talk to her sister right now.

Reluctantly, I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and dialled Saloni's number. After two rings she finally picked up the call.

"Hello Jij! Aaj hamari yaad kaise aayi?", [ How did you remember me today?] Saloni asked in a teasing tone.