34. Mommy

"The butterflies turned into tiny little feet"
______

34. Mommy

AS THE DOOR banged loudly, Shreya fell on her knees trying to sink everything into her mind. The whirlwind of her emotions finally calming down, clearing her fogged mind.

What had she done? Fought with the person she loved so much for the ones who had abandoned her for the past twenty two years. She buried her head in her palms crying in agony as she felt the pain in her chest.

She wanted to go behind him. Stop him. Beg him to stay with her but her legs didn't move an inch. It was like her feet was glued to the place as she cried in the room.

Neela, Manish and Shweta were sitting in the living room talking when they heard the thud sound of the door banging. They looked up and saw Aarav rushing downstairs angrily. He grabbed the keys of the car and left the apartment without uttering another word.

Neela, Shweta and Manish looked at each other with a confused expression.

"I think you both should go and check on Shreya. I will go and see where Aarav went", Manish suggested.

Both the women went upstairs and opened the door of Aarav and Shreya's room. They heard some groaning sound from the washroom. They opened the door of the washroom to find a fainted Shreya lying on the floor.

"Forum! Aanchal! Rishi!!", Shweta called out the Shah siblings.

Aanchal along with Neil and Yash was staying in Mumbai for few days so Forum and Samar also had decided to stay with the Shah family for few days so they could spend some family time with everyone.

Aanchal, Forum and Rishabh rushed towards Shreya and Aarav's room.

"What happened, Mom?", Aanchal asked as she entered the room.

"Rishi! Please pick her up and Aanchal call the doctor!", Shweta ordered.

Rishabh nodded and picked Shreya in a bridal style as Forum disappeared to call the doctor. Rishabh softly laid Shreya on the bed and stood besides Shweta and Neela.

"Aanchal, did you call the doctor?", Neela asked.

"I called her. She will be here in fifteen minutes", Forum said as she entered the room.

"Where is Aarav?", Aanchal enquired.

"And how did Shreya faint?", Forum asked.

"Where is Uncle?", Rishabh asked.

"How about you all wait for a while? Can't you see Bhabhi is tensed?", Neela scolded the trio.

"Shre...", Manish stopped as he saw Shreya lying on the bed unconscious.

"What happened to her?", Manish asked.

"I don't know, Mani. When we entered the room, we heard some groaning sound from the washroom so we checked it but I think she fainted before we could get to her", Shweta said as she looked at her daughter in law with a worried expression.

"Where is Aarav? You went to find him right? What happened? Where is he?", Neela asked.

"Till the time I reached the lobby, he was gone. I tried to call him but he is not answering my calls", Manish said rubbing his face.

The door bell rang gaining everyone's attention.

"I think the doctor is here. I will go and get her", Aanchal said and disappeared downstairs.