50. True Colours

It's an extreme emotional chapter so please be ready for it. Secondly, please read the author's note at the end of the chapter.
______

"Har dua mein tujhko maangu sada
Rab se hai har ghadi, bas yahi iltija
Tu meri zindagi mein hamesha rahe"
______

50. True Colours

"Why is bappa going so soon?", SHREYA asked pouting as they prepared for the last Aarti of Lord Ganesh.

Shreya was dressed in a pink Anarkali whereas Aarav was wearing white tshirt and black jeans.

"He will come back soon, baby", Aarav said pecking her nose.

"How would you know he will come next year? And do you know if I will be alive or not to see him again?", Shreya asked stubbornly but she regretted it as soon as she saw the look on Aarav's face.

He was not sad or heartbroken but he was glaring at her.

"You talk about leaving me again and I swear to God Shreya, I will...", He stopped in the middle trying to blink back his tears.

No Aarav! No crying! You have to stay strong for her and your child, Akansha's words echoed in his ears.

Yesterday, he had spoken to Akansha whilst Shreya spent her time with Rajeev. He had broken down in front of her when they had discussed about Shreya's pregnancy. Akansha had asked him to stay strong not for himself but for Shreya and their baby. He was Shreya's strength not her weakness and it was about time, he proved it.

"I... I am sorry... I didn't mean to, you know...", Shreya whispered softly.

"I know... just please, try not to say stuff like this please?", Aarav pleaded.

Shreya nodded and pecked him on his cheek not caring that they were standing in the living room in front of their family.

"Shreya, honey! Please come here! It's time for you to eat fruits", Akansha called out from the kitchen.

"Coming Muma!", Shreya said before hugging Aarav once.

Aarav pecked her forehead before letting her go. He loved the way Akansha cared about Shreya despite of her not being her biological mother. He wondered how and where his real mother in law was.

He glanced at Forum and Samar who were dressed and ready for the last Aarti. He hoped everything would become normal in his life as soon as possible.

Soon the Aarti started and everyone joined their hands and closed their eyes. Everyone asked only one thing from the Almighty, to keep Shreya and her child safe.

Since it was the last Aarti before Visarjan everyone was given a chance to do the Aarti. Once the Aarti was over, everyone shouted, "Ganpati Bappa Morya! Mangalmurti morya! Agle baras jaldi aana!"

[ Lord Ganesh, the lord of good omens next year come home soon! ]

And with that Aarav picked the idol in his hands and made his way out of the apartment along with the entire Shah family. They all drove towards the famous Girgaon beach for the visarjan ritual. It is believed that after immersing the idol in any water body the clay idol dissolves and Lord Ganesha returns to Mount Kailash ( Himalayas ) to Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva. ( Parents of Lord Ganesha )

Once they reached the beach, they parked their cars and made their way towards the sea. The beach was less crowded but still it was crowded since people had come for the visarjan. Aarav placed Ganesha's idol on the sand and they did one last Aarti before immersing the idol in the Arabian Sea. The entire beach only echoed with the chorus of "Bappa, agle baras jaldi aana"