47. Akansha Chopra

47. Akansha Chopra

"AARAV!!!", RAJEEV'S VOICE pulled Aarav out of his reverie.

He looked at Rajeev and then scanned his room. He was hallucinating!

Never in his life had he felt so relieved as much as he felt in that moment.

"So tell me, what is the thing which only you know about Shreya?", Rajeev asked.

"Oh that... it's nothing Bade Papa. When we married each other, she wanted to file a divorce", Aarav said.

"What! why?", Rajeev asked bewildered.

"She thought this marriage would never be successful", Aarav said.

"What changed her mind?", Rajeev asked.

"You know, she has been alone her whole life and she craves for love", Aarav said and Rajeev nodded.

"We all slowly created a place in her heart and now she has everything except for her real parents", Aarav said.

"You are right. Honestly, I want to give her everything she deserves but I know she is not prepared for the truth", Rajeev said.

"She will never be prepared for it. I think you should tell her that you see your daughter in her", Aarav said.

"What do you mean?", Rajeev asked.

"You should try to bond with her and tell her that you will feel blessed if she allows you to call her your daughter. I will help you too in this situation. Like this you both will bond and without Shreya knowing the truth you can care for her as her father", Aarav said.

"You are right, son. Thank you so much", Rajeev said as he engulfed Aarav in his embrace.

Aarav sighed and thanked his stars that it was just a dream. Shreya's past was meant to be hidden from everyone and it was best to not reveal it, Aarav thought as he pulled away from Rajeev's embrace.

___________

AKANSHA RANG THE door bell of Aashna's apartment. After five minutes, the door opened and she was greeted by her smiling niece.

"Akansha Maa!", Aashna gasped as she hugged her.

"How many times should I tell you not to call me Akansha Maa?", Akansha said as she pulled away from her.

"And how many times should I tell you that you are my Mom whether you like it or not?", Aashna said pecking her cheek.

"GRANNY!!!", A voice squealed as the owner of the voice ran towards Akansha.

On instinct, Akansha picked the little girl in her arms and showered her with kisses.

"Granny... stop!", She giggled in her arms as she kissed her for the last time.

"How is my Meghu?", Akansha asked the 5 year old girl.

"Granz! How many times should I tell you, it's Megs not Meghu!?", She said in her cute annoyed voice.

"She has inherited this cockiness from you Akansha Maa", Aashna said as she sat on the couch.

"Oh hush! She isn't cocky", Akansha said as she placed Meghna on the couch besides Aashna.

"Yeah Maa", Aashna said rolling her eyes.

"Where is Zaid?", Akansha asked as she tried to search the second bombshell in the house.

"Nannoooo!!!", Zaid squealed as Imran came downstairs with the little boy in his arms.

Imran gave the little boy in Akansha's arms and she kissed him just the way she kissed Meghna.