14. Green Eyed Monster

"Koi mujh ko yun mila hai
Jaise banjaare ko ghar"
_____

14. Green Eyed Monster

          IT HAD BEEN two days since Aarav and Shreya had shifted to Pune. Though they had decided to stay only for a week in Pune, the days seemed long. It seemed that the time had slow down.

Two days. It had been two days since Shreya and Aarav had done a proper conversation. Shreya would wake up, cook breakfast and Aarav's lunch, pass her time reading books or watching tv, eat lunch and dinner alone then go to sleep. The only time she spent time with Aarav was during their breakfast where Aarav hardly spoke to her.

He would come home late and Shreya would be asleep by that time. She was tired of this routine. Honestly, it shouldn't have affected her but yet somewhere behind her mind it was constantly nagging her.

Today, she had decided to stay awake no matter how late Aarav would get. She decided to watch television till Aarav's arrival. Later at night, Aarav opened the door of the apartment with his spare key and walked inside only to find Shreya sleeping on the couch in an uncomfortable position.

Must have fallen asleep while watching television, Aarav thought.

Placing his bag on the couch, he shook Shreya slightly and she woke up startled. She rubbed her eyes and looked around.

"I guess you fell asleep watching tv", Aarav said with a small smile.

"Umm... yeah but when did you come?", Shreya asked getting up from the couch.

"Just now and saw you sleeping so thought to wake up you up. Don't want you suffering from body pain tomorrow", Aarav said smiling.

"Thanks. You go and freshen up till then I will heat the dinner", Shreya said and Aarav nodded in response.

Picking up his bag, he went inside their room to freshen up. Shreya made her way to the kitchen and heated the food. She placed the plates and food on the table. Aarav walked out of the room, his eyes glued on his phone screen.

She served food to both of them as Aarav sat on the chair keeping his phone aside. While Aarav ate his food, Shreya kept toying with her food.

"Shreya, are you okay?", Aarav asked his voice laced with concern.

"I'm sorry", Shreya said looking down at her food.

"Sorry for what?", Aarav asked raising his eyebrow.

"For that day", Shreya said in a low tone as she slowly raised her head up.

"Hey, its okay. That day your emotions weren't in place. A lot had happened and that's why you bursted off like that so I completely understand"

"Then... then why have you been avoiding me?", Shreya asked sniffling.

"Shrey, I wasn't avoiding you. It's just I was busy since last two days", Aarav explained.

"Sacchi"

"Muchi"

__________

          NEXT DAY, SHREYA woke up and did her daily routine. The usual silent breakfast was filled with Shreya's giggles and Aarav's jokes.

"Shrey, I will try to come home early then we will out and maybe see the city", Aarav said getting up from his chair.

"Sure just text me before you leave your office", Shreya said smiling.