48. You Are My Happy Ending

"Meri subah ho tum hi aur tum hi shaam ho,
Tum dard ho tum hi aaram ho,
_______

48. You Are My Happy Ending

IT WAS LATER in the evening that everyone except Prem and Parul had gathered at the Shah residence. The living room had never seemed so occupied as it seemed in that moment.

"So what's the occasion? I mean why are we all here?", Shaurya asked.

"Well first of all, Dad has decided to bring Ganesh ji at home this year", Aarav said.

"Woah! That's amazing! For how many days though?", Akansha asked.

"Just one and a half day", Manish said.

"Secondly, we all have to discuss about Shaurya and Sophia, Rishabh and Saloni's marriage", Shweta said.

"Without Shaurya's parents?", Sophia asked.

"That's the main thing. Mom and Dad will never agree for any of your marriages", Shreya said as she rested her head on Aarav's shoulder.

Rajeev couldn't help but feel sad that his daughter called those good for nothing people her Mom and Dad. He wanted to tell her that they didn't deserve any of her love and care but he had to wait. Wait till she accepted him truly as her father.

"We can talk to them... convince them maybe?", Sophia said.

"You think they will agree?", Aanchal asked.

"We can atleast try. Marrying without them is not right", Sophia said.

"I agree... Soph has to live with Shaurya along with Uncle and Aunt. If they don't agree for the marriage, do you guys think they will let them live peacefully under the same roof?", Diksha said.

"I agree but if they torture Soph or something we can always take actions against them", Jai said.

"Shaurya told you what they did to separate Rishi and Saloni right?", Neil asked Sophia and she nodded.

"If they don't care for their own daughter, do you think they will care for you Soph?", Neil asked.

"Exactly! They will never agree for either of our marriages and if we try to convince them, they will try to stop us. At the moment, they ain't aware about anything and if we marry keeping them in dark, our wedding will be done without any drama", Saloni said.

"But Saloni....", Sophia was interrupted by Akansha.

"Sophia honey, it's every girl's dream to have a perfect wedding. I am sure, you too have a dream like that. Prem and Parul with only create drama in your wedding", Akansha said.

"But Akansha what is my fault? Me being a non-Indian or me having a messed up family? I love Shaurya alot but I don't want him to leave his family because of me", Sophia said as tears filled in her eyes.

"Beta, it's not your fault. In India, religion and caste matters alot. India is a beautiful country but our society is no where near beautiful. It's like people have set a mentality for each and every religion. A Hindu has to marry a Hindu, a Muslim has to marry a Muslim and a Catholic has to marry a Catholic. There are very few people who accept inter caste marriages in India. Akansha is a Punjabi and her niece, Aashna married a Muslim guy, Imran Khan. He is an orphan but Akansha accepted him you know why? Because for us, religion doesn't matter. It's humanity that matters. We believe in following humanity, not any religion. There is only one God in this world. Some call him Ishwar, some Allah, some Jesus. God never differentiated while creating us, he never made any religion then who are we to differentiate?", Shweta said hugging Sophia.