43. The Storm

"Hurdles in your path is a way of God making you strong"
______

43. The Storm

IT HAD BEEN a week since Rajeev had visited the Shah Residence. After Rajeev's visit, Manish had planned on telling Rajeev everything but some work would come up and either of the two would be busy. Today they were finally going to meet each other at Rajeev's penthouse.

Manish's palms were sweating but he tried to stay as calm as he could. He rang the door bell of Rajeev's penthouse and waited patiently for the door to open. It was after five minutes that Akansha opened the door and Manish looked at her with surprise.

"Akansha?", Manish asked surprised.

"Obviously! Who else would it be?", Akansha teased and gave Manish a brief hug.

"Akan... Mani! You are here! You should have informed me at what time you were coming I would have sent my driver to pick you up", Rajeev said as he stood besides Akansha and engulfed Manish in a brotherly hug.

"It's okay, Raj and why didn't you tell me we were going to have a company?", Manish asked.

"Oh trust me even I didn't know we were having a company until this morning", Rajeev said with a sly smile.

"Why don't you guys just tell me that my presence is unwanted?", Akansha asked as she glared at both the men.

"I missed this!", Manish said laughing.

"Yeah me too! She gets riled up so easily!", Rajeev said chuckling.

"You men are just...."

"Impossible?"

"Self conceited?"

"No! Pain in the butter!", Akansha said huffing in annoyance.

"Butter!!??", Manish and Rajeev said in unison as they bursted of laughing.

"Morons", Akansha muttered under her breath as she left the laughing men.

After few minutes, both the men sobered from their laughter and composed themselves.

"It had been a long time since I last laughed like that", Rajeev said as he sat on the couch.

"For me, it's a daily occurrence. My kids are extremely amusing species", Manish said chuckling softly as he sat next to Rajeev.

"I seriously need to meet your kids and what happened about the adoption? Has your daughter agreed?", Rajeev asked.

"No, she is a little busy but I will talk to her as soon as possible", Manish said.

"Okay"

"Raj..?", Manish asked and Rajeev hummed in response.

"That day you were talking about Gauri but Shweta interrupted us and then you got a call after which you left abruptly...", Manish trailed slowly.

"Yeah about that... Mani, my Gauri is alive", Rajeev said smiling.

Manish could see the glint of happiness in Rajeev's eyes. It was something which had been missing for several years but just the news of his love being alive had raised a hope in Rajeev which he thought never existed. A hope to live and maybe a hope to find happiness.

"That's a good news. Have you found her?", Manish asked hesitantly.

"No but I will soon. Very soon. But before that I need to find my daughter", Rajeev said.