The Fight That Changed Everything

Lucas's POV

I wake up in Maya's bed. The sun is barely up and it is slightly shining on Maya's long, blonde, golden hair. Her white sheets are covering the lower half of her bare back as she lays on her stomach. She couldn't look more perfect than she does right now. I think I could be falling in love with Maya again, and I don't think she feels the same. Maya groans and changes her position.

"Lucas," Maya groans.

"I'm right here blondie," I say stroking her hair.

"We can't keep doing this," she says and I frown. "My legs can't take it." She whines and I laugh in response.

"Well then you can't be so damn attractive," I say turning to face her.

"I said the same thing about you in 6th grade when I met you," she says finally opening her beautiful blue eyes and looking at me.

"Why? I was ugly as hell in middle school." I chuckle.

"Well who knew that you would turn into some sex god in high school?" She giggles.

"Why are we awake Maya? It's like 6," I say.

"I honestly don't know. I mean we literally just fucked each other for the whole night and we got like 4 hours of sleep. We could go to the gym, maybe take a hike." Maya says laughing.

"I don't want to be more tired, though. Let's just lay here." I say.

"Lucas, what're we doing?" Maya asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean, we are sleeping together, kissing each other, cuddling, I'm just confused." She groans.

"We're having fun Maya. If you want this to end, we can end it and just be friends." I say smiling slightly even though I don't want this to end.

"I don't want this to end though. But, I don't want us to be friends with benefits either."

"Then let's just be Lucas and Maya, let's just have fun being friends who may or may not have feelings for each other." I say

"Okay, you make me really happy Lucas." She says smiling and snuggling into my bare chest.

"You make me really happy too Maya." I say smiling as well.

"We should go see a movie tonight, like with the group." She suggests.

"You're friends don't like me though, I would go with you but everyone else would be annoyed by my presence." I sigh.

"Who cares? You can have fun with me, just like you said, we're having fun." She says propping herself up with her elbow.

"I don't wanna be that guy that takes you away from your friends. You go have fun with your friends." I say propping myself up as well.

"Just let me talk to them and see what they say. Please, I hate always having to be with Bryce." I beg.

"But you love Bryce," I say confused.

"Like a brother, I wanna have someone special like Ronnie has Jacob. Just think about it!" She pleads.

"Okay, okay fine!" I say giving in.

"Let's go shower, I'm sticky in places that shouldn't be sticky." She giggles and pulls me out of her bed.

"What about your parents and Derek?" I ask.

"My parents are out of town for the weekend and Derek is at some overnight soccer camp. We've got the whole place to ourselves, so can we please go shower?" She asks laughing. We both go into the bathroom and Maya turns on the shower. We both step in the shower and Maya starts to do her daily routine.