Beach House Part 2

Lucas's POV

I wake up after Derek and Amanda jump on me as I lay down on the couch.

"What the hell did you do to my sister?" Amanda shouts.

"Why is Maya sitting in bed crying?" Derek shouts.

"I didn't do anything! She broke up with me last night!" I shout and both of their faces soften.

"What?" Amanda says softly.

"She doesn't think we should be together anymore. I don't know why because she won't talk to me and I'm very confused." I say putting my head in my hands.

"Aw, Lucas. I'm sure she'll talk to you soon." Derek says hugging me.

"Thanks buddy," I say.

"Lucas," I hear Maya say. "Can we talk?" She asks and I nod. Her voice is very hoarse, her eyes are bloodshot red, and her cheeks are very puffy. I follow her into her room and we sit down on her bed.

"What happened last night?" I ask her.

"I don't think that we should be together anymore. This isn't working out." She says looking at her hands.

"Yes it is! So what if we've had a couple fights? Couples fight all the time. We're made to be with each other." I say lifting her chin up so that I can see her eyes which now have tears in them.

"No we aren't. You can take my car and drive home. I'll see you on Monday." She says trying to ignore me.

"Maya stop it! What is happening?" I ask getting upset.

"I can't do anything about you being jealous and about you worrying that I'm gonna cheat on you. This is gonna keep happening and I'm not gonna drop all of my guy friends for you." She says with no emotion at all.

"Maya! Now that you know what my fear is, we aren't gonna keep fighting. Please don't do this." I say grabbing her hands.

"Leave." She says pulling her hands away and not looking at me.

"How is this so easy for you?" I ask frustrated.

"Easy? You think that breaking up with the guy I love is easy?!" She shouts looking at me with tears streaming down her face.

"Don't cry. If this is so hard, why are you doing it?" I ask.

"Because someone is gonna get hurt! I'm sorry." She says and then runs away.

"Stop running away! You can't run away from this problem!" I shout running after her.

"Yes I can and I will! Watch me!" She shouts.

"Do you love me?" I ask her and she stops running.

"What?" She whispers.

"Do you love me?" I shout.

"Of course I fucking love you! I love you more than anything on this god damn earth but one of us is gonna end up getting hurt and I'd rather it be me than you." She shouts and starts crying.

"Well it's not gonna be either of us, cause we aren't breaking up." I say stepping closer to her.

"What?" She asks softly.

"We aren't breaking up. I'm not allowing it to happen and it's definitely not happening today." I say caressing her cheek.

"You can't just do that. If I wanna break up with you, I'm allowed to." She laughs softly.

"But you don't want to, so it's not happening." I chuckle.

"I fucking love you." She says before jumping on me and hugging me.