Let's Go To Mexico!

Lucas's POV

Yesterday we drove down to Mexico and now we are staying at a really nice resort. Our parents paid for our stay as an early senior gift. We were supposed to stay with Ronnie's family, but there wasn't enough space for all six of us and Goodwin. Right now I'm watching Maya sleep next to me. She looks so peaceful and adorable. I still haven't told her about what happened on the cruise, even though the other Maya in my life keeps pressuring me to tell her. Maya stirs in her sleep and nuzzles herself into me as she wakes up.

"Good morning, babygirl." I say rubbing her arm up and down.

"Morning, handsome. Happy Fourth of July!" She says looking up at me with her gleaming blue eyes.

"Happy Fourth of July, baby." I say softly kissing the top of her head.

"Are you okay? You've been out of it for awhile. I'm worried." She says sitting up and taking my face in her hands.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about how amazing this week will be with our friends." I lie plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Hey, I just wanna let you know that no matter how drunk I get tonight, I'm giving you consent right now." She chuckles.

"You're really gonna get that drunk tonight, babygirl?" I ask concerned.

"Hell yeah I am! I haven't drank anything since before Riley came back! Do you know how long it's been? And you are gonna get drunk tonight too, you never have any fun anymore." Maya says pouting.

"You little liar! You drank the night of your accident! That's why I don't want you drinking, and that's why I'm not gonna drink tonight." I say.

"Yes you are! Nothing can happen to me, we're at a resort, I'm not gonna drive off and get into another accident." She reassures me.

"Fine, but I'm still not gonna drink."

"One drink? Just one drink for me." She pouts.

"You are such a bad influence on me! But sure, I'll have one drink." I chuckle.

"Yay!" She squeals before placing her lips on mine as we share our first kiss of the day. We hear Goodwin come running in and he jumps on the bed. Yes, Maya had to bring Goodwin along. She didn't trust her parents or Derek with him and since all of our friends are here, she had to bring him with us. Thank goodness the resort allows small pets. "Hi babyboy! How'd you sleep?" She asks Goodwin petting and kissing him.

"I cannot believe you brought your dog on vacation." I chuckle.

"He's my baby, I can't just leave him at home." Maya smiles and nuzzles her face into Goodwin's fur. We spend a few more minutes playing with Goodie before we both take showers and the group comes to our room for breakfast. Right now, Maya and I are just sitting on our couch waiting for the group to get here.

"Did you like my picture on Instagram from last night?" I ask.

"No, but I'll go do it right now!" She laughs and grabs her phone to like my post.