Game Day

Maya's POV

Woohoo it's game day! I fucking love game days! Since it's Friday, and it's a home game, the cheerleaders have to wear their uniforms to school and the football players have to wear like formal wear. God Lucas looks so hot when he wears his outfit! Anyway, tonight is the homecoming game and tomorrow is homecoming! Unfortunately, I don't have a for sure date but Lucas and I are going together as "friends." Things have been so complicated with us this past week, but things aren't awkward I just don't know what we are! It's so frustrating! I'm also going to the dance with Callie, Dustin, and Tara. If you're wondering how I haven't talked to Veronica if she's on the team, well she isn't this year. She was too busy with tutoring and a bunch of other clubs, so she didn't do cheer. Now, I'm the cheer captain and it's stressful but I love my team!

Right now, I'm getting ready for school and i actually feel dead. I love game days, but I'm so tired because I was up all night doing homework. So to wake myself up, I decide to take a quick shower. After I get out of the shower, I blow dry and straighten my hair. I put on my uniform and put my hair half up half down with my bow. I finish doing my makeup and then I put on my cheer shoes before heading downstairs. As I walk into the kitchen, I get a text message.

Lucas: don't forget to get extra food since it's game day, baby!!

Maya: i won't! thanks goofball!!

Lucas: love you, see you at school! drive safe, i can't have my pretty girl dying before hoco💞

Maya: love you too! I'll see you at school cutie❣️

I smile as I pack my extra food into my cheer bag. I make sure to grab my favorite snacks and Lucas's because he always "forgets" his food. I know he does it just so he can steal mine. I grab my cheer bag, my phone, my school bag, and my keys before heading out the door to my car.

When I get to school, Lucas is waiting for me in the breezeway.

"Hey pretty girl." Lucas says smoothly wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Hi goofball." I laugh leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You didn't sleep last night." He says.

"What?" I ask looking up at him.

"You didn't sleep last night." He repeats.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"I can tell. You're eyes look less blue than usual and you just look tired. Why didn't you sleep last night?"

"I was up all night doing homework. I'm so tired, Luke." I whine.

"Come here." He says holding his arms out and leaning against my locker. I walk into his arms and snuggle my head into his neck. "You have a few minutes to sleep." He says and I nod.

"Okay." I say. "Lucas?"

"What baby?" He asks.

"You look really hot today. You also smell hella good." I say snuggling myself deeper into his neck.

"I love you, silly girl."

"I love you too, goofball."

After a few minutes of me sleeping, I hear a terrible, annoying voice that I haven't heard in awhile.

"Oh look at the cute couple!" Bryce says.

"Go away, Bryce." Lucas says wrapping his arms around me tighter.

"Why? I'm not doing anything. I just complimented you." He says before chuckling. I slowly open my eyes and look up at Lucas. I notice him getting annoyed so I put my hand on his jaw and get him to look down at me. I see his gaze soften as I slowly attach my lips to his. He smiles before kissing me back.