It Feels Right

Maya's POV

I wake up with my face cuddled up into Lucas's chest.

"Hey blondie," he says stretching.

"Good morning," I mumble.

"It's actually already 1. How are you feeling?" He asks.

"Never been better, I mean my best friend hates me, my other best friend's girlfriend probably thinks I'm a lunatic, and my cheek hurts." I whine.

"Aw, May, I'm so sorry. What happened last night would've never happened if I wasn't there. I ruin everything for you." He says looking at me.

"No you don't. Last night was all Veronica's fault, she was the one that went crazy when all I was trying to do was have fun with all my friends. I just don't understand how she could be so mean." I say with tears forming in my eyes.

"Last night, Ronnie mentioned that you were gonna harm yourself after we broke up, is that true?" He asks swallowing a lump in his throat.

"Yes" I mumble.

"Maya, why didn't you come to me? Even though we weren't dating, I still would've helped you." Lucas says taking my face in his hands.

"I realize that now, but at the time I was confused. You know how I get when I go through things like that, I can't think clearly,so the only person I thought I had to help was Ronnie and myself. Guess I was wrong about her." I mumble the last part.

"Come here," he says pulling me onto his lap and engulfing me in a hug.

"I-I-I lost my best friend last night. She-she-she left me." I stutter as I sob into his shoulder.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's all gonna be okay, I promise." He says stroking my hair.

"No it's not! She hates me and I don't even know why!" I cry more.

"Okay, you need to calm down and breathe. Do you wanna go to the gym to get your mind off of things?" He asks me.

"No, I just wanna lay in bed and eat food all day," I whine.

"Then that's what we'll do, want me to call Bryce?" He asks.

"Later, I don't wanna talk to anyone right now besides you. I just want you." I say looking at him.

"Okay," he smiles. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"I don't know, I'm not hungry right now." I say putting my head back on his chest and closing my eyes.

"Go back to sleep, we'll talk once you wake up." He says stroking my hair until I fall asleep.

Lucas's POV

I watch Maya toss and turn and try to sleep peacefully as I pull my phone out. I decide to text Jacob and Bryce so that we can come up with a plan to get Veronica and Maya back together.

Lucas: guys, we need to get Maya and Veronica back together.

Bryce: I don't know man, they both seem like they don't wanna be friends anymore.

Jacob: no, Luke is right. Veronica won't stop crying, the only time she stops is when she's sleeping. we need them back together again.

Lucas: Maya's asleep right now but before she went to sleep she had a full blown panic attack.  How are we gonna do this?

Jacob: let's just get them to meet up somewhere and then they'll make up.

Lucas: I don't think it's going to be that simple but it's worth a shot I guess.