Maya and Parties Don't Mix Well

Maya's POV

"Wait, what do you mean you're late?" Bryce asks.

"My period. I was supposed to get it on the eleventh. I've been throwing up for the past four days, I haven't wanted to eat anything, I've been dizzy, I've been over emotional, and I'm late. Holy shit, what if I'm pregnant?" I say before starting to cry again.

"You're not. You and Lucas haven't had sex in like two weeks. And you guys always used protection, right?" He asks.

"Well yeah, I was on the pill." I say.

"And he used condoms, right?" He asks again.

"Not the last time we did it, we were too caught up in the moment." I say before getting up and brushing my teeth. "Oh my god, what if I'm pregnant with my cheating ex boyfriends baby?" I cry.

"Wait, what?" Amanda shouts.

"Nothing, Maya's freaking out. She thinks she's pregnant." Bryce says.

"I'm late!" I shout at her and then she gets a look of horror on her face and gasps. "Wow thanks, that helps." I cry.

"I'll go get you a pregnancy test in the morning. You should just rest right now." Bryce says and I shake my head.

"I can't go to sleep now. I'm freaking the fuck out!" I shout starting to pace around my room.

"Maya, calm the fuck down." Amanda says stepping in front of me grabbing my arms.

"I can't!" I cry falling into her arms. Amanda holds me up and strokes my hair to calm me down. After hours of crying, I fall asleep in her arms.

That was a month ago. The next morning, I fortunately found out that I wasn't pregnant and I was just late because of stress. After that day, I got my shit together. I stopped breaking down, my friends stopped watching over me, and I started seeing Alex. We aren't boyfriend and girlfriend, but we go out often and kiss each other every once in awhile. The first time that we had a make out session, I ended up crying and he ended up holding me for hours. We talked all night and I finally felt better. I finally felt like myself again.

School started about two weeks ago, and I'm doing fine. Right now, I'm laying in bed groaning because I don't wanna get up for school, but thank god it's Friday. I put my phone down and stand up before getting dressed in a white crop top and black high waisted jeans. I decide not to wear any makeup today and just leave my hair down naturally. I slide on some heels before heading downstairs to eat my breakfast. After I eat, I grab my bag, phone, keys and head out the door to my car.

When I pull into the parking lot, Alex is waiting for me by his car. I smile as I get out of my car and walk over to him.

"Hey, pretty girl. You look gorgeous." Alex says making me blush. I wrap my arms around his torso as he wraps his around my shoulder rubbing them softly.

"Thank you. You smell so good." I giggle.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks.

"Good, I didn't wake up in the middle of the night." I smile trying to hide my lie. Truth is, I didn't fall asleep.

"That's great! Are you still off your meds?"

"Yep and I feel fine!" I lie once again. I started taking my meds again after Lucas and I broke up but I haven't told anyone. "Hey, it's almost your birthday!" I shout looking up at him.

"Yeah! Can the almost birthday boy get a kiss before we walk into school?" He asks giving me a cheeky grin.

"I guess so." I smile before standing on my tiptoes and connecting my lips with his for a quick but soft kiss. We both smile as we pull away. He grabs my hand as we walk into school and head to my locker to see my friends.