Spring Breakers

Lucas's POV

It's been about a month since my aunt passed away and I've been doing better but it still hurts every once in awhile. It's now spring break and Maya and I are going to the beach house with our wonderful friend group. I told the group what happened when I went back to school and of course they felt bad, but I don't like taking about it anymore. It's Saturday, so I'm on my way to pick up Maya at her house. I drive over there, and knock on the door.

"Hello bubba." Maya smiles hugging me.

"Hey babygirl." I say hugging her back.

"How's my boy doing this fine morning?" She asks making herself laugh.

"I'm alright. Just excited to get away with all of you." I say.

"That's good. Kiss kiss?" She asks me puckering her lips.

"Always." I say softly before kissing her.

"Okay so can you come upstairs and help me with some stuff?" She asks me and I nod with a smile before she pulls me upstairs.

"What do you need help with?" I ask.

"I don't know which swimsuit to pack!" She pouts.

"Babe, you're gonna look amazing in anything you pack." I say.

"Okay but peachy bikini or the floral one?" She asks.

"Are you only bringing one swimsuit?" I ask confused.

"No, I'm bringing two other ones." She says.

"So then just bring both of them." I say shrugging.

"Okay." She smiles. She puts both of them in her suitcase and zips it up.

"Who are we picking up first?" I ask helping her grab her bags.

"Maya, then Callie, then Tara, and then Dustin." She says grabbing her backpack for the car ride.

"Okay. Let's go then!" I smile grabbing her hand. We walk downstairs and then pack her things into the car. Before I put her in the car, she stops me.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Are you sure you're okay bubba? You just seem kinda down today and I wanna make sure you're okay." She says looking concerned and touching my face.

"I'm alright, just missing her a little bit." I say smiling a bit.

"Come here." She says pulling me into a hug. I bury my head into her shoulder and inhale her vanilla scent. I can feel her kiss the side of my forehead and it makes me smile against her shoulder. "I'm gonna make this week the best week of your life okay babe? We're gonna go out, we'll party on the beach, swim in the ocean and in the pool, I'll let you watch all the sports you want, I'm gonna do everything in my power to make you happy." She says pulling me face to hers.

"I can't wait for it." I smile kissing her softly.

"Great! Then let's go!" She smiles. I put her in the car and then go to the driver side and get in. We both drive to Maya's house and pick her up.

"Hello name twin! Hello Lucas!" Maya says getting into the back seat and giving both of us kisses on our cheeks.

"Hi May!" I chuckle as I leave her house.

"Hello to you too name twin!" My Maya smiles.

After we pick everyone up, we all blast the music and drive up to the beach house. After a few songs, I look over at Maya and she doesn't look too well.

"Hey are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask putting my hand on her thigh.

"I don't feel well. I'm getting car sick." She says pulling her legs up on the seat and laying back against it.