A Sick Maya

Maya's POV

"Baby, how're you doing?" Lucas asks softly waking me up.

"I don't know. I wish you'd stop asking me that since I keep responding with the same exact thing." I say with a slight tone of annoyance in my voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to look out for you and make sure you're okay." He says lifting his hands up in a surrendering way.

"It's fine, I'm just gonna go home." I say getting up.

"You don't have to, I'll leave you alone." He says getting up and following me.

"Lucas, I just wanna go home and be alone in my own room. Please just let me go home, it doesn't have anything to do with you, I swear." I say grabbing my stuff that I brought over yesterday. I hear Lucas sigh and mumble okay. I roll my eyes and then walk down the stairs and out of his house. Lucas walks me to my car and he looks upset as I get in my car.

"No kiss goodbye?" He asks. I sigh and stick out my cheek for him to kiss it. He kisses it and I roll up my window and drive away. As I pull into my driveway, Lucas texts me.

Lucas: i love you and i hope you feel better♥️

Maya: yeah love you too.

I get out of my car and go into my house. My family isn't home, thank god. I walk upstairs to my room and just collapse on my bed. What is wrong with me? I'm pushing Lucas away for no reason, I'm sad for no reason, I just wanna cry for no reason. As I lay here on my bed, I just start crying for absolutely no reason at all. My phone rings and I see that it's my sister. I sniffle before picking up the phone.

"Hey big sis." I say.

"Are you okay, May?" Amanda asks in a worried tone.

"No, not really." I cry.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"I don't know what's wrong. I'm just not happy and I don't feel well mentally or physically."

"Have you talked to mom and dad? Maybe you should book an appointment with your therapist?"

"I don't know, panda. I feel like nothing's working."

"Is Lucas with you? He always helps you when you're feeling like this."

"I don't wanna see him right now."

"Why? Did he do something? I swear to god I'll kick his ass."

"No, he didn't do anything. I just wanna be alone."

"Well I gotta go, but I hope you feel better, little sis. I'll see you in a few days, okay?"

"Okay. I love you." I say wiping my tears.

"I love you too, maybae. Bye."

"Bye." I whisper hanging up. I lay back down on my bed and sigh. I hear Goodwin run into my room and hop onto the bed. "Hey buddy." He licks my face and rests his head on my stomach. Looking at him makes me wanna cry and realize that I want Lucas. I grab my phone and text him.

Maya: babe, can you please come over?

Lucas: you said you wanted to be alone.

Maya: i know but i don't think i should be alone rn. please.

Lucas: i'll be there in a few.

Maya: okay, let yourself in. i love you.

Lucas: yeah i know.