Are You Ready For This?

Lucas's POV

Well here we are, graduation day. Also known as the day that we say goodbye to high school. Maya and I hadn't planned on going to graduation because of what happened a few weeks ago with Delilah. Fortunately, Maya and I have been doing a lot better dealing with the miscarriage then we both thought we would. But usually once a week, Maya breaks down a little, usually on Saturday because that's the day that we found out about Delilah dying. Unfortunately, today is a Saturday so I'm just hoping she'll be okay since it's graduation. Our friends had asked us about it, but after that we told them to give us some space because that's what we needed at the moment. We haven't seen them since then actually. Now onto our parents. They didn't take the news too well. Maya's mom was heartbroken and so was mine. Maya's dad didn't take it well either but he took it better than our moms.

I get dragged out of my thoughts when I hear my ringtone for Maya. I see that she's trying to FaceTime me which makes a small smile appear on my face as I answer the call.

"Hey babygirl." I say smiling.

"Hi bubba." She says softly.

"How are you doing today?" I ask.

"Better than yesterday." She says.

"Well that's all we can ask for right?" I ask and she nods with a small smile and sniffling. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I ask concerned.

"Nothing. I just miss her today. And I miss you." She says.

"Want me to come over?" I ask.

"No it's okay. I'll see you at graduation." She says smiling.

"You sure? I can come over if you want me to." I say.

"I'll be fine. I just wanted to hear your voice and let you know that I love you." She says.

"I love you too pretty girl." I say.

"I'll see you later." She says.

"I love you beautiful." I say.

"Love you more." She says before hanging up. I get up and put some sweatpants on over my boxers and throw a shirt on. Even though she said she doesn't want me to come over, I decide to go over anyway because I know she needs me. I get in my car and drive over to her house. I knock on the door and wait for awhile but no one answers, so I get out my key and walk in the house.

"Babygirl? Where are you?" I ask.

"What're you doing here? I told you not to come over." She says wiping her face as she walks down the stairs.

"I know you better than that baby. Why are you still crying?" I ask opening my arms to her for a hug.

"I just don't wanna go to graduation. I don't wanna see everyone." She says walking into my arms.

"And why is that?" I ask.

"What if they're mad at us?" She asks as she pushes her face against my chest and wraps her arms around me.

"What could they be mad at us for?" I ask.

"For shutting them out. I don't know. I just know that it's gonna be a rough day mentally." She says with a little sigh.

"Come on babygirl." I say picking her up and bringing her to the couch. She nuzzles her head into the crook of my neck and starts crying.

"It's only been 2 weeks. I would be almost three months by now." She says sniffling.

"I know baby. I know. It's gonna be a rough day, but tonight we are graduating! Like we're actually leaving high school! And we're moving on to the next chapter of our lives. Isn't that exciting?" I ask trying to cheer her up a little bit.