A Fun Morning and A Date Night

Maya's POV

I slowly start to wake up and realize that I'm not in my room, I'm on top of Lucas, and it's still dark outside. I yawn and stretch slightly before grabbing my phone from Lucas's bed side table. My phone has tons of messages mostly from my parents and my friend group.

Ronnie: are we hanging out tonight?

Bryce: Lana and I just woke up and she's feeling up to it so yeah if you guys want to

Jacob: I'm down

Bryce: where's Lucas and Maya?

Ronnie: idk I dropped Maya off at his house about an hour ago

Bryce: they're probably fucking tbh

Jacob: probably. they can't keep their hands off of each other

Alana: hey don't talk about them like that! they're our friends!

Ronnie: yeah! don't act like you two never have sex with your girlfriends cause we all know you do.

I chuckle a little bit at what Ronnie says. I then notice the time and realize it's about three in the morning. I decide to text them back because they should know that Lucas and I are okay.

Maya: sup guys. we weren't fucking each other we were sleeping. ik it's hella late but I just wanted to let y'all know that we're okay.

Bryce: yeah you guys were probably sleeping after doing it.

Maya: we were not! i literally came over here at like 6 and we fell asleep!

Bryce: i don't believe you. send proof.

Maya: fine!

I scoff and take a picture of Lucas because he's still sleeping and he's fully clothed.

Maya: there. happy?

Bryce: fine. goodnight may💛

Maya: night B🖤

"Mmm what time is it?" Lucas groans waking up.

"It's like three." I yawn putting my phone down on the nightstand.

"In the afternoon? We slept for that long?!" Lucas asks in shock and I laugh.

"No baby, it's three in the morning." I giggle looking up at him.

"Oh well damn we've been sleeping for nine hours." Lucas says.

"Yeah I guess we were both pretty tired. I mean I haven't slept comfortably in like 4 months so." I say rolling off of his body and laying down next to him.

"But for the last month you didn't have to wear your boot when you were sleeping." Lucas says in confusion.

"Yeah but it still hurt from being in the boot all day. And then for like 2 months I had that damn cast on. So yeah this is my first night in a long time where I'm actually completely comfortable." I say sighing in relief.

"Well are you still tired?" He asks.

"I don't know, but there's not much we can really do at three in the morning." I say wrapping my arms around his torso and snuggling my head into his chest.

"Wanna go downstairs to get something to eat? I'm fucking starving." He says. I laugh and nod. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around him like a monkey. We get downstairs and find some mac and cheese in his pantry.

"Do you want this?" I ask him.

"That sounds great. Do you want me to help you make it?"

"No because I don't want you to burn your house down. I'll make it while you go sit down on the couch." I chuckle as Lucas follows my orders and goes to the couch. I get everything ready and start making the mac and cheese. As I'm standing at the stove stirring the pot, I feel Lucas come behind me and wrap his arms around my waist.