I'm Sorry | Depressed! Kankri X Reader

Thank you again,  AnimeTrashFTWBruh for the idea.

TW: depression, suicide

~~~

Your eyes wander along the scenery of the school as you listen to Kankri. You didn't want to speak, just so you didn't disturb him. All of the other students had already gone home, as the bell had gone about 15 minutes ago. You had to wait for your guardian to pick you up, so you waited for them by the front of the school. As polite as he usually is, Kankri offered to wait with you. Just as Kankri was about to swap topics, your guardian pulls up.

"I'm sorry Kankri, but my guardian got here," you tell him, "would you like a ride home?"

"Oh," he stops, "I'll be fine walking, I'll see you tomorrow at school."

You get up and wave as you walk over to your car and jump in.

~~~

It was about 8:30 at night and you were home alone as your guardian had already left for work. You were honestly bored out of your mind. You close your literary studies book and stand up from your desk. In that instant you decide that maybe going for a walk could cure your boredom. You take your keys and phone from your bed and head off out of the house. You didn't really know where you were heading and you didn't really care, you just let your feet do the walking. You were pretty sure that your guardian got home at midnight, so you just had to be back before then.

Apparently your feet had decided to take you to towards the bridge that lead out of town. But your feet stop when you see a figure standing on the railing of the bridge. As quietly as you can, you walk closer to the figure. But not too close, otherwise you might scare them or they might lash out. Your eyes widen and you let out a gasp when you notice the bright red sweater that your best friend always wore.

"Kankri?" you ask in a quivering voice.

The figure jumps slightly, scaring you that they may fall, and they turn to face you.

"(Y/n)." he whimpers, tears trailing down his blotchy cheeks.

Your eyes begin to tear up at the sight, he sounded so broken.

"Kankri, please get down." you beg him, your tears now overflowing.

"What's the point?" he asks rhetorically, "I know that everyone finds me annoying! God, so many times I've been told to shut up, told that no one cares. If I just take the step, no one will care."

"No one will care!" you shout, "how do you think I'd feel!" You're my best friend, and so help me if you jump; I'll be coming right after you."

Your breath was heaving, your chest tightening. When he doesn't reply or move, you begin to panic. There was no way that you'd lose your best friend.

"Please come down." you sob, holding a hand out.

Kankri looks between your crying face and your hand, after a moment he takes of your hand. He jumps down and you instantly pull him in for a hug. You feel him flinch at this, but eventually he wraps his arms around you. When he begins to sob begin to rock him gently.

"If anything is ever bothering you, please just talk to me."

"Okay." He mumbles.

"C'mon, you're coming to my house for tea."

~~~

It had been 6 months since the incident and Kankri had been doing quite well. He came to your house several times a week to just drink tea and talk, or sometimes just watch a movie.

Currently the both of you were sitting on the couch and talking.

"Um, (y/n)," he starts, "thank you for everything, if you hadn't have shown up that night, I would have been..."

You smile and pull Kankri in for a side hug, "of course, you're my best friend, I'd do anything for you."

Kankri nuzzles his face into your neck and you lean your head against his.

"Love you Kankri."

"I love you too."