In the Park | Rufioh x Reader

I'm not sure about this boy's personality so it's a bit iffy, but meh, you can't progress without failure.

Your feet felt cold as you walk along the cement path, shoeless. Your wet shoes clutched in your hand, which dangled beside you. The ends of your pants were also wet, they uncomfortably clutched against your skin. Your skin was covered in goosebumps as the cold wind whipped against your uncovered arms.

It was only minutes ago that you were pushed into a shallow lake. You had luckily caught yourself before you fell, but now your shoes, socks and pants were wet, and that was disappointing. You were pushed in by a few of your bullies; they were very bad at bullying so it never really got to you so it was easy to ignore them. You knew the only reason that they were bullying you because you were friends with trolls. It was such a pathetic reason so you thought they weren't worth it.

But now it was dark and you had to make your trip home in the dark. You mind had already begun thinking about the worst situations. Like, if a psycho came out and stabbed you, or if you were kidnapped. You shake your head in an attempt to get those thoughts out of your mind.

But, as life would have it, those thoughts came right back as soon as you hear footsteps behind you. You begin to shake even worse than you already were.

"(Y/n), 1s that you doll?"

You pause at the familiar voice and turn around.

"Rufioh?" you ask, although the large, bull like horns were already a dead giveaway.

"Yo, what're you do1ng out here?" he asks.

"Oh, some bullies came to annoy me and now my clothes are wet and I have to walk home in the dark." You explain quickly.

"Bull1es?" he asks, his voice stiff.

"Don't worry, they're harmless." You shrug.

"Well, do you want me to walk you home?" he asks politely.

"I don't wa-" you begin.

"Alr1ght, 1'll walk you home." He interrupts.

You sigh at the stubbornness of the troll but smile.

"Alright, let's go." You chuckle.

You had known Rufioh since you were quite young. Although most of your neighbourhood was against trolls, your family was an exception. You used to play with him at the park. When his younger brother, Tavros, came around, he used to tag along, which you always found so cute. He was the closest person to you and you wouldn't know what to do if you didn't have him.

"So, wh-" you begin, but you're cut off once again.

"1 know why they were bully1ng you." Rufioh says.

You stop talking and look over at him.

"I just pissed of their leader in class is all." You shrug.

"1t's because you're fr1ends w1th me." He says in a lower voice.

You open your mouth to protest, but you had no idea what to say.

"That's what 1 thought," He sighs, "maybe 1f you stop hang1ng out w1th me then they'll leave you alone."

"No!" you exclaim, making Rufioh jump.

You turn to face him, a frown on your face.

"Even if they threatened my life, I would never stop being your friend," you tell him, "they could stab me and leave me to die in the gutter and one of my last thoughts would be how much I loved you."

Rufioh doesn't reply, just stands there, looking at you with a blank face. His mouth was agape and is eyes wide. You raise a brow, wondering why he was looking at you the way he was. You replay what you had just said and that's when you remember.

"how much I loved you."

Your eyes widen and your face darkens. You look down at your bare feet.

"Oh fuck." Are the only words that escape your lips.

You look back up at the troll before you, who was now grinning.

"Oh really?" he snickers.

Slowly, you drop to the ground, kneeling on the ground. Your face was so red now that you were probably a cherry by now. You feel hands on your shoulders and look up at Rufioh, who was now kneeling in front of you.

"Does 1t make you feel better 1'm flushed for you too?" he asks.

You feel your eyes begin to water as you lean your forehead against his shoulder.

"Definitely." You laugh.

"Well that's good." He chuckles.

You feel him lift your head up and rub his thumb against your cheek. You look into his eyes, which were bright, they were glassy, as if he was about to cry too. Before your brain could think it through, you lean forward and press your lips to his. Rufioh lets out a sound of surprise before he kisses back. You wrap your arms around his neck, tugging at his hair. He moans into your mouth as he wraps his arms around your waist. You were now sitting on his lap in the middle of the park. But everything else had faded away in the moment.

"Hey, you two." A voice calls out.

You both pull away and look over to see Summoner standing a few metres away. In a panic you quickly push away from Rufioh and end up sitting on the ground. Summoner grins as he watches as the pair of you panic.

"C'mon you two," Summoner laughs, "(y/n), you're stay1ng at our place."

Rufioh quickly gets up and holds a hand out for you. You smile as you grab your shoes and take his hand. You don't let go as you both follow Summoner to the car.

"You two better be exc1ted because we're hav1ng ench1ladas for d1nner."

"Oh yeah!"