Transmutation | Heinoustuck!Dave x Heinoustuck!Reader

You scream as you feel your body fusing with the devil plush that sat in the transmutation circle along with you. You had been a bit late to your transmutation, so you were 15 and your guardian had decided to do it today. Your body felt as though you were being torn apart, slowly and painfully.

Once the agonising transmutation was finished, you were lying on the ground in the middle of the circle. You were heaving from the lack of breath in your lungs. Your guardian walks up to you and helps you to your feet. You run a hand through your hair to feel two jagged horn protruding from the top of your head. You guardian leads you to the full length mirror to look at your new self.

You indeed had two large black horns sticking out of your head. There were large scars that ran down each of your cheeks and a stitched scar across your neck. You poke open your mouth to see that your teeth were knife sharp. Your eyes were completely black and your hair was all messy and stuck out at odd angles. You look down at your hands to see that the ends were now sharp claws. Blood dripped from your scars, your eyes and your lips.

It would take quite some time to get used to, but in time you would be fine with it. And now you wouldn't get bullied by the others for being normal.

You turn around to your guardian and grin.

"Thank you." You giggle and your guardian ruffles your hair.

Today was the first school day for the year and you were kind of nervous to see your friends. You hadn't talked to them since you had been transmuted so they had no idea that you had been changed. You walk into the school yard, people's jaws drop when they see you had gone through with your transmutation. Some people whispered to each other, some would wave at you. That's when you knew, you wouldn't get bullied anymore.

You notice one of your friends, the normal looking teen, John. He was the only other kids in the school who hadn't gone through with his transmutation. But now he was the only one, which made you feel kind of bad.

"Hey John." You greet.

John turns around and lets out a shriek when he sees you. He gapes at you, taking in your new form.

"You really did it." John finally says.

"Yeah, I did." You chuckle.

"Hey (y/n)!" your boyfriend, Dave says.

You turn around and smile at the crow masked teen.

"It took you long enough." Dave says, elbowing you playfully.

"Yeah, yeah," you roll your eyes, "now it's your turn John."

"No way!"

"Well, I'm going to class." You shrug and walk off.

School had just finished and you and Dave had made your way out of the school and to the park. You and Dave usually hung out here after school, sometimes the others would join you, but today they were busy.

You get to the tree you usually hang out at and take a seat, leaning against the trunk.

"So, how was the transmutation?" Dave asked you.

"Seriously painful." You reply.

"Guess it wasn't just me who thought it was painful." Dave says.

You hum as you trace your fingers over all of the small scars that completely covered your body.

"Do you know the one bad thing about the transmutation..." you speak up, glancing at Dave, "I have no idea what you look like underneath the mask."

You lean closer towards Dave, tracing the stitches that kept the bird mask to his face.

"Does it really matter though?" Dave shrugs.

"Of course not," you sigh, "but I can't kiss you."

Dave just hums, his eyes closing as he leans into your hand. You lean even closer to him and kiss his cheek, just avoiding the mask. It leaves a mark from the blood that still stuck to your lips.

"I'm surprised that you even began dating me," you speak up, "I was normal and always bullied."

"Well, that didn't bother me," Dave replies to you, "I knew you'd do it eventually."

You lean your head against his shoulder; you look at the sword that he had stuck in his torso. The two of you didn't talk after that, just enjoyed each other's company until the sun set and you were left in the darkness of the night.