Can you hear me? | Latula x Reader

82 Can you hear me?

"Come on, 'Tula," you cheer, "we're gonna miss it!"

"H3LL Y34H, 1'M COM1NG!"

You hear Latula run down the stairs; she finally gets to the door, where you were already waiting. You grin and begin to make your way out of the house, a spring in your step. Today you and Latula were going to a music festival; Latula had gotten you tickets for your birthday. You both hop into the car and turn the music up as Latula pulls out of the driveway. You grin as you begin to belt out the lyrics, the bass filling the car.

You notice a bag of chips in the back and excitedly reach for it. You successfully manage to snag it and rip it open.

"SO H3LP M3 1F YOU SP1LL TH4T 1N MY C4R 1'LL K1CK YOUR 4SS." Latula jokes as she grabs some of the chips from the bag.

"Yeah, alright." You roll your eyes and begin to stuff your face with chips.

For the entire ride both you and Latula ate all of the food in the car and sung along to music at an obnoxious level. It took about half an hour to get there, and as soon as Latula parked, you were out of the car.

"4LR1GHT, L3T'S G3T 1N B3FOR3 TH1S PL4C3 G3TS FLOOD3D W1TH P3OPL3."

You nod and the pair of you grabs your stuff and head in. This was your first music festival so you were way too excited. You make you way in and eventually find somewhere to camp out. You set up and then head off towards the stage. There was another hour or so before the concert begun, so there were quite a few people already standing around and drinking near the stage.

You kept a hold of Latula's hand as to not lose her. You wince when you notice some people were already having trouble standing up they were so drunk. It was only about midday so they must have been drinking since this morning, or at least were light weights.

Eventually you find a pretty good spot near the front, it had taken a bit to get to, but it was worth it. You hear people begin to get riled up, and that's when the first band appears on stage. Your face instantly lights up and you begin to cheer, absolutely ecstatic.

~~~

You had been cramped up in the mosh pit for about four hours; you had also had a few drinks. You were happily jumping and singing along to the music, Latula looked a little tired, but other than that she was just as happy as you.

You cease moving when you feel your vision temporarily darken.

"(Y/N), 4R3 YOU 4LR1GHT?" Latula asks, taking a hold of your shoulder.

You look up at Latula with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

Latula doesn't seem convinced.

"OK4Y, 1 TH1NK-"

Latula's voice cuts off as your vision darkens once again, but this time you can't stay on your feet.

~~~

"(Y/N), C4N YOU H34R M3?"

You let out a groan as your eyes slip open. The first thing you notice is that you were no longer outside. You look around to see that you were in an ambulance.

"Latula," you groan, "what happened?"

"W3LL, YOU P4SS3D OUT," she explains, "AND SOM3 P3OPL3 H3LP3D M3 G3T YOU TO THE 4MBUL4NC3."

"Oh, I'm sorry." You mumble.

"TH3R3'S NO N33D TO 4POLOG1S3, 4T L34ST YOU'R3 OK4Y."

You smile and sit up.

"Ah, I see you've woken up."

You look at the back doors to see that an ambulance worker had come to check up on you.

"Oh, uh, yeah." You mumble awkwardly.

"Now, you passed out due to dehydration and being exposed to the sun for so long," they explain, "the alcohol probably didn't help either."

"So, should I just get to our tent?"

"Well, that would probably be best."

~~~

After finishing the conversation in the ambulance, you and Latula decided to head off to your tent.

"Sorry that we're stuck in here now," you sigh, "the mosh pit was probably more fun."

Latula turns to you and grins as she tackles you onto the blow up mattress.

"N4H, AT L34ST W3 G3T TO L4Y DOWN 1NST34D OF JUMP1NG 4ROUND."

You sigh as you let Latula use you as a body pillow; you close your eyes and listen to the distant music from the concert.