Saved Twice | Witch!Aradia x Reader

So, I was supposed to post this yesterday, but it was my birthday. Enjoy!

"Well I don't believe that." Laura chuckles, holding her camera up to Samuel's face.

Samuel pushes the camera away from him, rolling his eyes, "well I do."

You grin as you watch the pair argue playfully.

"People who walk down this way do say that they hear things coming from this building." You shrug, shoving your hands in your pockets.

You look around you at the peeling paint and broken furniture. The old hospital had been broken down for quite some time, being shut down due to a riot from the patients. They had managed to kill several of the staff and even some of the other patients.

It is said that there are still things that lurk around, shadows seen and sounds heard from passers-by. Even urban explorers or idiotic teens have gotten scared and fled from the building.

"Okay then," Laura begins, "we're going to split up, and in half an hour we'll meet up."

"Laura, I don't thi-" Samuel tries to argue.

"Nope, let's go, pussy."

You sigh, not in the mood to fight and pull out your phone, turning the timer on.

"Alright, I'm off."

You hear Laura laugh and Samuel sigh before they both go their separate ways.

You put your phone away, keeping your flashlight pointed in front of you. The only sounds that reached your ears were the swaying trees outside and your footsteps. It was both calming and unsettling, in a weird mix.

You reach the end of the hallway, a large red door looming in front of you. The sign looked to have fallen off, the window smashed. You open the door, wincing at the loud squeak.

The long descending stair looked ominous, and you almost turn back. But you steel your guts and head down, on the walls were old, browning smears of blood.

"This is fu-AHH!" you let out a screech as you tumble down the stairs.

After a long fall, you finally end up splayed on the floor body aching and stinging. You open your eyes, coming face to face with darkness. You sit yourself up, letting out a hiss at this pain shooting through you. As you try to stand, you feel an agonising pain run up your leg, causing you to collapse back down.

You begin to pat around on the floor, looking for your flashlight. When you can't, you begin to panic. But you then realise that you had your phone, so you pull that out, turning on the flashlight.

You look down at your ankle to see that it had already begun to turn red and puff up. You let out a groan, deciding to call Laura.

"Hey this is Laura, sorry-"

You let out a groan when she doesn't pick up. You then call Samuel just to get the same response. You rub your temple with your free hand. You notice that there was some railing, which would make it easier for you to get up those stairs.

You begin to crawl, the pain in the rest of your body ignored as you do so. But when you hear footsteps you cease your movements. You hear them once more, and call out.

"Hello! Laura? Samuel?"

You hear the footsteps move down the stairs; you point the light up to see a young woman. Her brow rises at the sight of you, on the floor, bruised and probably bleeding.