Under the Cherry Tree | Eridan x Reader

Summer was always one of your least favourite seasons, with all of the heat and sweat. You could never stand it. There were two reasons you liked summer, swimming at the beach, and night time. You love to sit outside on summer nights, looking at the stars and moon.

You step out of your house, a cup of (favourite soft drink/juice) in your hand. You step off of the back porch, your bare feet sinking into the soft grass. You wander over to the nicest spot in the backyard, where a small cherry tree sat. It wasn't too old, so it was easy to see the stars from the spot. You lean your back against the trunk, the bark pressing against the skin which showed as your shirt lifted. You pull the shirt back down before taking a sip of your drink.

The weather was still quite warm so you were only wearing a t-shirt and shorts. You take a deep breath of the sweet night air and look up at the sky. Since there was a fair amount of light pollution you couldn't see many stars, but that didn't really bother you. Just as you were enjoying the calming scene around you, your phone goes off, interrupting it.

You sigh as you pick it up; an image of your friend, Eridan, came up on the screen. You don't hesitate to answer, knowing that if you ignored it you'd never hear the end of it.

"Hey Eridan," you greet, "what's up?"

"Hi," he replies, "where are you right now?"

"At home??" you answer, confused as to why he wanted to know where you were at 11 at night.

"I'm coming over to your place," he tells you, "Cronus brought someone home and I don't want to be here to listen to it."

You laugh at this, "Sure, see you soon."

With that you hang up and sit your phone down on the grass beside you. It would only take a few minutes for Eridan to walk to your place, as he didn't live too far away. You continue to look up at the sky, taking a sip of your drink every now and again. Your mind drifted from topic to topic, not staying on one for very long before changing.

You're snapped out of your thoughts when you hear the sliding door open and close. You look behind you to see Eridan making his way towards you, wearing a shirt, board shorts and no shoes.

"Hey fishy." You giggle.

"Hey fairy." He replies, taking a seat beside you.

"Thanks for lettin me in by the wway," he says grumpily, "your guardian answwered the door, looking pretty angry."

"Oops." You giggle.

"So, wwhat are you doin out here?" Eridan asks.

"It's nice out here." You shrug.

Eridan just hums in reply as he looks up at the sky as you had been doing only moments ago. You glance at the male troll one last time before looking back up at the sky.

"Hey Eridan," you begin, "can I touch your fins?"

You hear Eridan make a few weird noises and look over at him. He seemed to be kind of stumped on answering.

"Wwell, I guess so." He manages to stutter out.

You grin in excitement as you turn to face him, making sure not to knock over your drink. You lift your hands up slowly and towards the fins. You fingers gently brush against them, making Eridan flinch.

"You know you don't have to let me." You mumble, pulling your hands away.

"No, is fine." He assures, his face flushing slightly.

You nod and bring your hands closer once more. You rub your fingers against his fins; they felt kind of weird, like a mix between normal skin and the skin of a dolphins'. A strange squeak escapes Eridan's mouth. You stop concentrating on the fins and look at Eridan's face. You laugh when you notice that his face was now violet. You pull your hands away and the blush slightly lessens.

"Are you alright?" you ask, slightly concerned.

Eridan nods, averting his eyes.

"They're just kinda' sensitivve." He tells you.

"Oh, sorry." You reply sheepishly.

"It's fine." He mutters.

You smile at him one last time before looking back at the sky. The both of you don't talk for a while; you just watch the stars twinkle. You eventually lean against Eridan, resting your head against his shoulder.

"Hey (y/n)," Eridan begins quietly, "do you wwanna, I dunno, go out wwith me some time?"

"I'd love to." You reply.

You grab Eridan's hand, intertwining your fingers together with his. And that's where you stay, under the cherry tree, watching the stars with someone you love.