Stay Inside | Human!Equius x Reader

So, I'm still not good at Equius yet, but I love him.

"What do you mean I can't go out?!" your nose scrunches up in anger as you take a step forward.

"(Y/n)," Equius sighs, "there's been tension between us and downtown's group."

"So what, that doesn't mean that I should be locked away," you fight back.

"No, it's too dangerous and you're not going, that's final."

And with that Equius turns his back on you, walking out of the room. Your hands were clenched by your side, teeth clenched.

You had been stuck inside for weeks, not even being allowed to step out into the courtyard. Despite the fact that there were several areas in the base where you could get some fresh air, Equius didn't want you to do so. You even considered asking Horuss or even Meenah to take you out to go shopping, but they were both busy.

You let out a huff and grab a jacket, slipping it on. You couldn't handle it anymore, Equius couldn't tell you what to do. He was a bodyguard who usually stuck with your father, but he also had a tendency of sticking around you when your father asked him to. He wasn't your bodyguard, so he couldn't really tell you what to do.

You glance over at your window, deciding that now would be the best time. You open your window and wiggle your way out, dropping down onto the wet grass below. And with a grin you run off to go wreak havoc.

~~~

"Hey, get back here!"

You laugh as you run from the liquor store, bottle of vodka in hand. The store owner tried chasing you, but you manage to weave through streets and alleys until you had lost them. You take a deep breath as you open the bottle and taking a big gulp from it, drinking it as though they were water.

You hadn't felt so free in so long. You take a seat on the gutter, taking another mouthful of vodka, it tasted horrible, but you ignore it.

The familiar sound of footsteps against the pavement enters the silent street. You look up to see a few people wandering down towards you. You let out a huff before getting to your feet, deciding to go to the park to finish your drink before heading back.

You hear a groan, and a few of the people laugh. You look closer, gasping when you see Terezi, beaten with her hands tied behind her back. She too was supposed to be staying at a safe house, so it must have been raided.

You let out a shout as you launch the half full bottle at one of the men. It manages to crack him in the head, sending him to the ground, the bottle falling and smashing by his head.

"What the fuck?!"

One of the others begins shouting as he runs at you, leaving the other two to keep Terezi from running. You stumble backwards a bit, your vision blurry. You swing at him, but he manages to catch your hand and pulling you forward roughly. He lands a punch on your stomach, leaving you to nearly vomit. He pushes your arm behind your back in an arm lock.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't that boss man's brat." The man grins.

"Guess we'll be getting extra for this one."

~~~

"If you could just tell us where your father keeps his stock and we'll stop."

In response you just spit a mouthful of blood at him. A sharp sting crosses your face once again as he slaps you.

You weren't sure how long you had been here, but it felt like eternity. Terezi was in the chair next to you, passed out. She must have taken quite a hit when she first got caught because she had been barely conscious.

"Oi, who the fuc-"

SLAM!

The voice from outside the room was cut off by the sound of something slamming against a wall. The man who had been beating you picks up a handgun, strutting out of the room, the door clanking closed behind him.

You listen to the sounds of shouting, a gunshot rings out and then there's silence.

The door creaks open and you flinch, not wanting the man to come back through. So when Equius walks in, you let out a sob of relief. His eyes widen at the sight of you, he runs over to you and unbinds you.

"(Y/n), how did you get here?"

You just let out another sob, rubbing your teary eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't listen to you," you continue, "I went out and I came across the men that had gotten Terezi."

Equius' brows furrow and you waiting for the reprimanding, but instead he rests a hand on your head.

"Let's get you and Terezi out of here."

You nod, getting up onto your shaky feet. And despite your injured state you managed to walk by yourself while Equius picked Terezi up. You were pretty sure this was your bodies last ditch effort before you died.

~~~

"And done."

"Thank you Kanaya." You smile.

"Of course," she smiles, "just don't overdo it."

You nod before getting up off of your seat and head out of the infirmary. As soon as you stop out you come face to face with Equius.

"Oh, hey." You smile awkwardly.

"I told you not to go out."

"I know."

"And you went out, getting captured at the same time."

"Yep."

"You're lucky one of the men from Terezi's safe house managed to survive and trailed Terezi."

"I know."

Equius sighs, you could see the anger slip from his face. He walks towards you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"I'm just glad to see you safe."

Your eyes widen, you had never known Equius for even saying anything comforting, let alone physical affection. You grin, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Uh, well, of course."

You pull away and laugh, seeing that he was already sweating, a nervous look on his face.

"So, how about we, uh, go out Saturday," Equius asks, "since you want to leave so badly."

"Really?! Thank you so much!"

You launch forward again, pulling him in for another hug. Yet another laugh escapes you as he begins to sputter nervously.