Keeping a Secret | Tegiri x Reader

53 Keeping a Secret

"You promise not to tell anyone." You say, looking up at Polypa.

"Sure*|" She smiles as she leans against the pile of pillows.

"Okay, fine."

Polypa had known you were trying to hide something, and that you'd been keeping it for a while. So she decided that it would be fun to come to your hive and annoy you about it. She had been in your hive for two days, so obviously you gave up.

You take a deep breathe, "I think I have a crush on Tegiri."

Polypa looked at you with a confused look on her face.

"Oh, right, flushed, that's the term."

Polypa's eyes widen slightly before she grins.

"Oh really*|"

You let out an inhuman sound as you cover your face and curl up into a ball.

"Great* now I know*|"

"Yep, now you can stop annoying me." You say from behind your hands.

"Let's go see Tegiri*|"

She grabs a hold of one of your hands and pulls you to your feet.

"Wait, Polypa no!"

~~~

"You know I hate you, right."

"Oh please* I'm just being a great moirail*|"

You groan and slump against her, "are you sure about that?"

"Of course*|"

It wasn't long before the pair of you reach Tegiri's hive. Polypa knocks on the door, her other hand holding your wrist so you don't run off. The door slide open to reveal Tegiri, his usual attire.

"Oh, Po/ypa, (y/n)," he greets, "what brings you to my hive."

"Well* I was hanging out with (y/n)," she explains, "but I have some things to do so I'm dropping her off here until I'm finished*|"

"We//, that's fine."

"Great*|" she smiles, letting go of my wrist.

She winks at you sneakily before walking off.

"We//, come in."

You thank him and walk in. The both of you walk into the lounge and you both sit down. On the screen an anime had been paused. Tegiri must have been binging anime before you arrived.

"Thanks for letting me hang with you on such short notice."

"Of course, as someone who is a connoisseur of the fine art you're a/ways we/come."

You smile and sit down on one of the pillows. Tegiri's lusus trots out of the kitchen and you smile.

"Aww, you're still so cute!"

The Shiba Inu like lusus looks up and barks happily. They walk up to you and lay down, resting their head on your lap. You giggle and begin to pet them, watching as one of their legs began kicking. You feel movement beside you and look over to see Tegiri had sat beside you.

"So what's this anime about?" you ask.

"Well, the main character had /ost their /usus and /ived in the woods; she ends up /iving with three other tro//s, when these tro//s are hugged by someone they turn into different beasts."

You were a little confused, but it sounded interesting.

"So, who's your favourite?"

"Hmm, I think the one who turns into a purrbeast."

He points to the troll with the cat like ears. He was yelling at another, much calmer troll.

"Well, he looks pretty pissed." You hum.

"Yes, we// it's because they have been riva/s since they were young, and..."

You listen as Tegiri continues to ramble on about the anime. But you didn't mind, it was quite entertaining.

~~~

You try to stop yourself from crying as you watch the main character cling to the purrbeast, who was now a much different looking beast.

"But still but still I want us to stay together from now on, too."

Now you were crying.

"(Y/n), are you a/right?"

You shake your head.

"You're rea//y an emotiona/ person." He sighs, giving you a side hug.

"Heh, yeah, sorry about that."

~~~

"A/right, I'// go get some more snacks." Tegiri says, standing up.

The anime had just finished and you were now lying on the ground, you had now stopped crying.

After a few minutes you began to wonder where Tegiri was. You get to your feet and go to find him. You walk into the kitchen to see Tegiri leaning against his counter, head looking down.

"Tegiri, are you alright?" you ask, walking up to him.

"Yes, yes, I'm quite fine."

You walk beside him and look at his face, just to see that he was completely teal. You place a hand on his shoulder, hoping to snap him out of it. You look down to see that he had been messaging Polypa. When you see the words 'she's flushed for you', you freeze.

"Oh god."

You feel your face redden and take a step back.

"I'm sorry, I have to get going."

And with that you turn around.

'I'm going to murder Polypa.'

You feel a hand on your shoulder and you're turned around. Before you could resist, Tegiri wraps a hand around the back of your neck and pulls you forward. You nearly pass out when he presses his lips to yours. They were much colder than you expected, but it wasn't unwelcome. Your shaky hands grip the collar of his jacket and pull him down to make it easier for you to kiss him.

When you pull away you were shaking, nervous and confused.

"I'm f/ushed for you too."

"Oh thank gog," You sigh, leaning your head on his chest, "I thought you'd hate me."

"We//, I guess I'm ski//ed at hiding such emotions."

You laugh and look up at him, "so am I, I've /iked you for quite some time and you never seemed to notice."

Tegiri's face flushes once again as he begins to stutter. Guess you were lucky that Polypa couldn't keep a secret.