Saved | Merstuck!Sollux x Reader

You stumble along the beach, escaping the group of teenagers that bullied you. You felt warm blood dripping from your forehead from when one of them had slammed your head against the wall. Your sneaker clad shoes sloshed through the wet sand as you enter the cave. You hear the shouts of your bullies had become almost non-existent.

You continue to walk into the cave, deeper and deeper. The light from outside had begun to fade slowly and you got your phone out, turning on the flashlight. You walk over the puddles and rocks that scattered the ground. Eventually you get to a deep pool at the end.

You sigh as you sit down on the somewhat uncomfortable ground and took your shoes and socks. You roll your pants up and dip your feet in the cold water. Your legs sway in the water as you play on your phone.

You had recently moved to this town and as soon as you got to school, you were bullied. Which you didn't think it would last, but alas, it had continued all term.

Just as your head had begun to drift off, you hear something in the water. You pull your legs out quickly and stand up. You turn your flashlight back on the see a pair of yellow, glowing eyes staring at you. You yelp as you jump back. You were about to run away, but you couldn't move.

"What're you doing here?" the owner of the eyes asks.

"Hiding from my bullies." You reply meekly.

As you look closer, you notice the fins on each side of the person's face.

"What are you?" you ask them, "and why are you in here?"

"I'm a merman?" he replies questioningly. "And I was swimming around in here and the water level dropped drastically, trapping me in here."

"Oh, that's unfortunate." You frown.

"You don't say." The merman replies sarcastically.

You shrug as you sit back down, dipping your feet back in the water.

"Are you not going to run away?" the merman asks.

"No, why would I?" you tilt your head.

"I could drown you?" he defends.

"Oh please, you won't even come near me." You chuckle.

The merman doesn't reply, just stays where he is.

"I'm (y/n)," you introduce yourself, "what's your name?"

There's a pause as the merman doesn't reply.

"Sollux."

It had been almost a year since you had met the weird merman that had gotten stuck in the cave. At least once a week you would visit Sollux. Usually because your bullies would chase you until you reached the beach. That's when you'd hide in the cave, making conversation with Sollux.

You though this was how it would usually go, but today it wasn't. They continued to chase you along the beach. As quickly as you could, you entered the cave. You reach the end of the cave, the voices of your bullies echoing.

"(Y/n), today is the end!" they call mockingly.

You gulp and turn to face the group. They were all grinning and one of them stood right up in front of you. They push you into the water as you scream. You feel a pair of arms wrap around your waist and turn you around. You open your eyes to see Sollux looking at you.

You pause to stare into his bright eyes. You then feel your lungs begin to burn as you use the last of your air. Sollux notices you panic and he quickly presses his lips to yours. At first you're confused, but when you feel your lungs begin to fill with air once more.

You mentally sigh as you kiss him back. You began to forget the bullies that were probably gone by now. You wrap your legs around his waist and your arms wrap around his neck, your fingers threading through his hair. Your lips move against his roughly, you moan quietly, allowing bubbles to rise to the surface.

You hadn't even noticed when you both rose back to the surface. It was once you pulled away that you noticed that you were both resurfaced. You feel the rocky side of the pool press against your back. You look into Sollux's bright eyes; you could feel your cheeks beginning to heat up.

"Um, thank you for saving me." You mumble, looking to the side.

Sollux hummed as he leaned down, pressing his lips to your neck. You gasp at the feeling, blushing even more.

"Sollux, do you want help getting out of here?" you ask.

This makes him stop in his place.

"How?" he replies.

"Once it gets dark I'll just carry you out." You shrug.

"And you'd do that?"

"Of course." You reply.

"Well we'll just have to wait." Sollux finally replies.

After a long time just waiting in the cold pool, it was finally time to get him out of this cave. You hop out of the water and help Sollux out. You lift him up with a little struggle and begin to walk out. It took a while to get out of the cave. You then walk along the sand and wade into the water. As soon as you get deep enough you put him into the water.

Once he's in the water he sighs in relief.

"Thank you, (y/n)." Sollux smiles.

"No problem." you reply.

You were happy that he was now free, but sad because you'd probably never see him again.

"Come back here same time tomorrow." Sollux tells you.

You feel one of his hands around the back of your neck and he pulls you down, pressing his lips to yours before he swims off. You smile as you press your fingers to your tingling lips and smile as you watch him swim off into the distance.