Overreaction | Meenah x Blind!Reader

Requested by letthehousein

Sorry that it's short and not very good, but I've never really written for her. Once I get better at her character it'll get better.

High school has always been a pain in the ass, especially since it was even more troubling walking around crowded hallways blind. And unlike Terezi, who could just smell and taste her was around skilfully, you were left to stumble around clumsily.

It had taken you quite a while to reach the tree that you sat at along with your friends. You could hear the voices of your friends already having conversations amongst themselves. You smile as you feel a hand grab your elbow. They guide you to sit down in your usual spot between your partner Meenah and your friend Dirk.

"Thanks Meenah." You thank the troll.

"no problem, gill." She replies as she takes a seat beside you.

You then proceed to pull out the sandwich your guardian had made you for lunch. You begin to make small talk with the others while you ate. You mainly just talked to Latula about the latest skating completion she had entered.

"So, 1 w4s 1n f1rst pl4c3-" Latula suddenly cut herself off, "h3y, wh4t h4pp3n3d to your 4rm >8?"

Your eyes widen when she gently pokes your side, which causes you to flinch from the pain. Although you couldn't see it, you knew that there was most likely a huge bruise covering your right side.

You flinch slightly when you hear everyone else stop talking. You nervously grab your shirt, which had somehow lifted up, and pull it down to cover your bruised skin once again.

"Oh, it's nothing." You sheepishly reply.

"W)(AT T)(-E S)(-ELL )(APP-EN-ED?!" Meenah exclaims.

You cringe when you instantly knew that Meenah was now pissed.

"It's nothing, seriously." You try to calm her down.

"IF SOM-EON-E PUS)(-ED YOU I'LL KICK TH-EIR ASS!"

You were now almost too embarrassed to explain how you had gained that bruise. You were flattered that she cared, but you don't think that violence will solve this issue. You felt your face heat up when your shirt is raised and a gentle hand brushes over it.

"Hey, don't do that." You whine, pushing the hand away and shoving the shirt back down.

"What, where'd you get it?"

"I was at home and my guardian had moved some stuff around so I bumped into a cupboard pretty hard." You reply awkwardly.

When everyone begins laughing you feel even more embarrassed than a moment ago.

You feel an arm wrap around your shoulders as Meenah laughs. You groan as you bury your face in her shoulder.

"Aww, c'mon guppy," Meenah chuckles, "don't be so embarrassed."

"Hey, you're the one who lost their shit." You mumble.

You feel a kiss pressed to your cheek, making your face deepen in colour. You whine before clumsily pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Luv ya." Meenah tells you.

"Love you too."