Give Up | Human!Tyzias x Reader

93 Give up

"I'm sorry, but this isn't going to work for what I was planning."

You groan and glare at the girl standing before you.

"Well, maybe you should do some work instead of being useless." You growl and storm off, stuffing the paper in your bag.

You shove your hands into your pockets as you march out of the building. In one of your classes you were forced to pair up with one of the brattiest students you have ever met. You were absolutely livid as she refused to do work, but she insisted that no matter what you did, the assignment wasn't good enough.

"(Y/n), there you are."

You turn around to see your friend, Tyzias sitting on a bench, a book in hand. You smile and take a seat beside her.

"Yeah," you sigh, "I was just talking to my 'partner'."

Tyzias looks at you and closes her book, indicating that she was listening.

"In (class) I've been partnered up with (girl's name)," you notice Tyzias visibly wince at the name, "and I keep on starting the assignment but then she complains yet she still won't do any of the work."

You slump against Tyzias with a groan; you were already tired and overwork from all of the assignments that had already been stacked on you.

"Well, why don't you just do the work on your own and explain the situation to the teacher." Tyzias offers.

"That would be good if it meant I wouldn't have to do another assignment by myself," you grunt, "I just give up."

"Well, I just finished two of my Law assignments ahead of time so I could help you out."

You perk up and look straight over at Tyzias.

"Really?" you grin.

"Sure, isn't that what friends are for."

"My goodness, thank you Tyzias."

You wrap your arms around Tyzias shoulders in a hug.

"You're a life saver."

"Oh, hello you two."

You look over to see (girl's name). She was smiling at the both of you, a piece of paper in hand.

"Here, this is what I want the assignment to be about."

She hands you the paper and practically skips off. You look at the paper and your nose scrunches up, this was absolute rubbish. Without a word, Tyzias takes the paper and tosses it straight in the bin.

"Alright," Tyzias sighs, "she's useless anyway."

You laugh, silently thanking her for that.

"So, tonight you can come over and we can start on that assignment."

"Sounds good."

~~~

It was 5 o'clock when you arrived at Tyzias's house, since you had to help your guardian with some stuff at home. You knock on the door and wait for Tyzias to open the door. It took a good few moments before the door opened.

"Hey Tyz." You greet.

"Hey, come in."

She steps aside and you walk in.

"Let's go to my room."

You had been to Tyzias's house plenty of times so you knew this house just as well as your own. You and Tyzias walk straight into Tyzias's room and sit your bag down beside the door.

"So (y/n), let's get this assignment finished."

You nod and pull out your laptop.

"Oh boy, this'll be fun."

~~~

"Ugh, that was a nightmare." You groan, collapsing onto Tyzias's bed.

Tyzias just groans and lies down beside you. You had binged the entire assignment in one night and it was now 3am. You curl up against Tyzias's side, since she seemed to be much warmer than you.

"Thank you so much for helping me, I don't think I'd have been able to do it alone."

When you didn't get a reply you look up to see Tyzias asleep. You smile and close your eyes, hoping to get some rest before school tomorrow.

~~~

"Why would you do that?!"

You turn around to look at (girl's name), with what you assumed was the graded paper in her hand.

"Do what?"

"I told you what to do for the assignment and you didn't do it," she scowls, "and not only that, I got an 'F' for that assignment."

You feel a weight on one of your shoulders and see Tyzias lazily leaning against you.

"Well, if you weren't such a lazy brat and helped then you would have actually passed." Her blank stare seemed to unnerve the girl.

She tried to think of a comeback before huffing and storming off. You grin and look up at Tyzias.

"See, no need to give up."