Breathe Again | Charun x Reader

10 Breathe Again

Well this is the last one shot for today, but I'll try to add some more tomorrow.

You hated socialising. Every time you were forced to go out in public you felt sick. Now was a great example, as you were sitting in the meeting room, listening to people talk about things that you didn't really care about. The only thing you currently cared about was making sure that you continued to breathe. You had only begun this job a while ago and didn't really know anyone. This was also your first meeting. Luckily you didn't have to speak, but you also couldn't leave. You nervously shuffle the papers in front of you before looking back up at the speaker.

Once the meeting was over you were able to go home since it went until the end of your shift. You get up from your seat and pack your stuff up. You walk out of the meeting room and make it to the lobby before a voice stops you.

"Hey (y/n)."

You gulp before turning around to see one of your male co-workers walking up to you.

"So, I was just wondering if you'd like to go out some time?"

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry but I've already got a partner." You try to explain, but apparently he didn't believe you.

You were kind of beginning to feel sicker than you had before.

"So, if I could have your number."

You wince when he asks.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"What do you mean?" he asks, offended, "you should feel lucky that I'd even-"

"There you are." A familiar voice cuts the man off.

You turn and smile when Charun walks up to you.

"Oh come on," the co-worker sneers, "I'm way manlier than he is."

"Actually it's 'they' and you look like a wimp." Charun uncharacteristically snaps.

Before the man could reply Charun gently grabs your hand and leads you out of the building. You squeeze their hand back as you walk beside them. You were so lucky that Charun had come along when they did. You were practically pressed against their side at this point.

"Thank you." You mumble.

"It was no problem."

~~~

Finally you make your way back into your apartment, around the front room sat various pieces of art that Charun had been working on as of late. You sit your stuff down onto the kitchen table and sigh, rolling your shoulders. You feel a pair of arms wrap around your waist, causing you to jump.

"Want to help me with some pieces?"

You nod, and turn around in Charun's arms. You giggle as they press a kiss to your forehead. They tug you along behind them back into the lounge, where there were various items lying about. You sit down on the couch; right in front of you was an up and coming piece. The coffee table was pushed aside against the wall, a few items sitting atop it.

Charun sits beside you and you both begin to put it together. You had no idea what you were doing, but as usual Charun just told you to go with the flow. So you just put things where you thought they would fit.

Eventually you began to hum a random tune, not really noticing what it was. Not long after Charun joins you, so now the both of you were almost unknowingly humming together.

You lean against Charun as you look at the artwork before you. You close your eyes as you lean your head on their shoulder. You feel Charun link fingers with you, squeezing them affectionately. Letting out a content sigh as you realise you could finally breathe again.