Coma | Jade x Fem!Reader

Requested by kitkatthecreator.

"(Y/n), have you seen my coat?!"

A grin spreads across your lips as you hop off of your bed. Coattails flapping as you land on the ground and head off towards the sound of your partner's voice. It was early in the morning but you were wide awake, Jade accidentally waking you up earlier. You were still in your pyjamas, hair unbrushed as you hurried through the house happily.

"Jade!" you shout, launching towards her.

She turns to you, eyes wide as she fumbles to catch you in her arms, the black case that was once in it now on the ground at her feet. Once comfortably in her arms you look up at her, a grin on your face.

"Right here!"

Jade rolls her eyes, "yes, I noticed."

"So, how long are you going for this time?"

"Maybe a week," Jade shrugs, "can never be sure."

You pout, arms wrapping around her neck. Your head drops onto her shoulder as you look up at her.

"But that's so long!" you exclaim dramatically.

"Well, at least when I come home we'll be able to go on holiday."

With that the grin returns to your face, "really?!"

Jade smiles, nodding in response. She removes her arm from under your legs, allowing you to swing back down onto the ground.

"May I have my coat back now?"

You giggle, moving your arms and slipping off the black coat from your shoulders. Now you were only clad in a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. The apartment was colder than you thought, so now you were freezing.

"I'm going to head off," Jade states, "get back into bed where it's warm."

You nod, reaching up and giving her a peck on the lips before waddling back to bed. Just as you had gotten comfortable in the covers, you hear the door shut.

You curl up and close your eyes, hoping to get some more sleep before you had to get to work.

~~~

It had only been 3 days since Jade had gone off to work. You were currently sitting on the couch, eating (fave food) and watching TV. You had only gotten off work about an hour ago and you were tired. Dealing with people really sucked.

A knock at the door interrupts your meal. You sit your food down on the coffee table and get to your feet.

Opening the door you come face to face with two familiar figures.

"Dave? Karkat? What are you two doing here?"

The pair glance at each other for a moment before looking back at you.

"(Y/n), it's about Jade..." Karkat begins.

"She's back at the base in the hospital wing." Dave finishes.

Your eyes widen in fear, "is she okay?!"

You could feel your breath shortening and your head spinning.

"(Y/n), calm down," Dave grips your shoulders, trying to keep you on your feet, "she's in a coma."

And with that everything goes black.

~~~

By the time you woke up, you were no longer in your apartment, but at the base. You haul yourself up into a sitting position. You look around groggily, noticing that now you were in the med wing.

You look across at the other bed in the room, seeing your girlfriend lying on the bed beside you. You instantly get to your feet, vision blurring as you do so. You nearly fall, but ignore it as you stumble over to Jade's bed.

Your eyes water at the state of her. Her head and shoulder were bandaged up; she was hooked up to machines to keep her alive and breathing. She looked so peaceful, but you wanted nothing more than for her to wake up.

It wasn't until something warm begun to drip onto your clenched fists that you noticed you were crying. You cover your mouth with one hand, trying to stop the sobs. But they slipped past your fingers as you lean your head on the bed.

"Shit, (y/n)."

You can hear Karkat's voice, but ignore it as you just try to breathe. You feel Karkat place a hand on your back, trying to comfort you.

"Come on (y/n)," Karkat begins, "she'll be alright, let's get you something to drink."

You wipe your eyes, looking up at your friend. You didn't trust yourself to talk, so you just nod. He helps you back to your feet, leading you out to what you assumed would be the kitchen. He sits you down on a chair, allowing you to lean against the table.

You hear him sit a glass in front of you, but you don't move, too tired from your outburst.

~~~

Day after day, you would visit Jade, sitting beside her in hopes that she would wake up. You would still go to work and after visiting Jade you had to go back home as you couldn't stay at the base. Every now and again someone would come and check on you.

Today was day 19, and you were tired from work. You shuffle down the hallway, entering her room. As usual you take a seat, taking her pale hand in yours.

"So, today at work, Elias ended up tripping over the small step that lead into the cool room," you chuckle, "he ended up covered in the freshly made sauce."

You didn't really know what to say, but you just continued talking about your day. You didn't even notice the time that flew by. You looked up at the clock and noticed that it was 11.

"Alright, I have to go, I'll visit tomorrow."

Just as you were about to get up you feel Jade's hand tighten around yours. You let out a gasp as you look down at your hands and then up at Jade. You watch in awe as Jade's eyes blink open, looking around confusingly.

"Jade!" you shout a bit too loudly, jumping up and wrapping your arms around her.

You could feel yourself crying, but ignore it.

"(Y/n)?"

You pull away, grinning at her confused look.

"You're finally awake," you sob, "you were shot and hit your head, you fell into a coma."

Her eyes widen a fraction before she rests her head on your shoulder. She slowly wraps her arms around your torso, still stiff from being unconscious for so long.

"(Y/n), what in the fresh f- oh shit, Jade!" you glance over at the door to see Dave standing at the door, "I'll let you two... yeah."

And with that he awkwardly walks off.

You giggle as you turn back to Jade, happy to see her finally awake.

"So, do you still want to go on that holiday?"