Sleepover | Karkat x Child!Reader

Requested by 

"WHAT? HELL NO."

"Please Karkat," Rose begs, "we just want to go on a date for a few hours."

Karkat looks down at the small creature standing beside Kanaya, holding her hand. Their skin was blotched human skin colour and grey, a tiny pair of horns that looked similar to Kanaya's sat atop their head. A pair of sharp fangs stuck out from their upper lip.

"UGH, FINE."

Kanaya smiles and lets go of the young not trolls hand.

"Thank you for this." Kanaya smiles at the short troll.

"YEAH, WHATEVER."

The couple walk off back down the path. Karkat sighs and shuts the door. The child sits down on the couch, not saying anything.

You were created via ectobiology when Rose and Kanaya finally decided they wanted a child. This meant you had both troll DNA and human DNA mixed in you. You were only 8 years old and Karkat had been over to Rose's and Kanaya's, he had been stuck playing with you several times. But usually you'd cry and fuss when he was there.

Karkat turns the TV on and begins to flick through the channels. Karkat sighs when he sees you were beginning to get stroppy. He then prepares himself for the crying that would ensue.

"Where's mummy and ma going?" you ask.

"They've gone out on a date."

He can see you beginning to tear up.

"HEY KID, DON'T START CRYING."

To his surprise you don't cry, but looks back over at the TV.

"Ma says I'm not allowed to watch TV when the sun goes down." you explain.

"WELL, YOU'RE AT MY HIVE," he explains, "AND IN MY HIVE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO WATCH THE TV AFTER THE SUN GOES DOWN."

You grin, excited, "really?!"

"YEP."

"Yay!" you cheer.

Karkat was definitely surprised that you hadn't started fussing. While he was watching the TV you crawl across the couch and begin digging through your bag. Karkat hears you and looks back over at you.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

You look up with a grin, "I know there's food in here, and I'm hungry."

"WELL, DO WHAT YOU WANT." Karkat shrugs.

You giggle and pull out a bag of Doritos. You open the bag and sit back on the couch properly.

"Want some?" you ask, offering him some Doritos.

Karkat shrugs, and takes a handful.

"Karkat, can we play a game?" you ask, looking over at him.

"NO."

"Ugh, why not?" you whine.

"BECAUSE I'M WATCHING THIS."

"You have Super Mario Party," you state, "just a few rounds please."

You look over at him, clasping your hands together and giving him puppy dog eyes. He glances over at you with an annoyed look on his face.

"UGH FINE."

"Yay!"

~~~

"HOW THE HELL ARE YOU BEATING ME?!"

"I play against Uncle Dave, Uncle John and Aunt Jade." You state, smiling happily.

Karkat just growls and keeps playing, trying to defeat you.

"Man, I can't believe you're being defeated by an 8 year old." You laugh.

"OH SHUT THE FUCK UP."

"Hey, don't swear."

You grin and sit your control down when the screen states that you indeed won against Karkat.

"GOG FUCKING DAMMIT."

"Man, I knew you were always angry, but this is something new," you laugh, "whenever you come over you don't swear that much. I guess you're scared of mummy, huh."

Karkat just growls and tosses to control onto the couch.

"Well, now that I've kicked your butt, it's dinner time."

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO," he replies crankily, "NOW LET'S GO EAT."

You laugh as you get to your feet.

"So, what're you going to cook for dinner?"

"TO HELL WITH COOKING, WE'RE GOING OUT."

You look at Karkat, shocked, "but it's not a special occasion."

"WHAT?"

"We only go out for dinner on special occasions," you explain, "although usually I prefer ma's cooking."

"WELL, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE COME TO MY PLACE, DONE."

You just shrug and follow him out of the house.

~~~

You both finally come back home from dinner, and honestly you were tired. You plop down on the couch and lean against the arm of the chair.

"HEY KID, DON'T SLEEP ON THE COUCH, YOU'LL HURT YOUR NECK."

"But I'm tired." You whine.

"FINE, COME WITH ME."

You get onto your feet and follow Karkat.

"YOU CAN SLEEP HERE." he sighs.

"Ok, thank you." You mumble and crawl up onto the bed, lying down.

Karkat doesn't say anything as he turns around to leave.

"Wait, Karkat," your voice stops him in his tracks, "can you please stay."

"Now, why would I-" he stops his sentence when he turns to see a scared look on your face.

"ALRIGHT, FINE."

Karkat lies down on the bed on to opposite side.

"Thank you." You mumble before you drift off.

~~~

Kanaya knocks on the door, "Karkat, are you there?"

"Wait, don't you have a key?" Rose asks.

Kanaya pauses, "I was just being polite."

She shuffles through her keys until she finds the right one and puts it into the lock. She notices the bag next to the couch and the TV on. She thinks for a moment before heading down the hall, Rose following. She looks in the bedroom and smiles.

"What is it?" Rose asks, looking around and grins.

Karkat was lying on his back, snoring quite loudly. You were splayed across his chest, fast asleep.

"Hmm, I think they can stay the night."

"Alright, we'll pick them up tomorrow morning."

And with that they leave the two to sleep in peace.