Not Okay | Aradia x Reader

Your fingers tremble as they run through your hair. You wince when your fingers get caught on tangled locks, pulling at your scalp roughly. Your eyes began to tear up and your whole body shook. A sob escapes your lips and you bury your head into your knees, which were pressed against your chest tightly. You bite down on your bottom lip in an attempt to stop the ugly sobs that racked your body, but to no avail. You were pressed up against the bathroom cabinet, curled up in a tight ball. The bathroom door was shut, but locked, as you had rushed in.

You felt so sick, like you were going to throw up, but you refused to move. You couldn't move, your body wouldn't allow it. Not long ago you were perfectly fine, you were sitting with your friends at the park, laughing and having fun. But in the short span of half an hour you turned into an absolute mess.

Your entire body stiffens when you hear a knock resinate through the house. You don't make any sounds, hoping that whoever was at the door would leave. You could feel warm blood drip from your lip, down your chin and drip onto your legs. You cringe when you hear another lock, but this time it was louder than before.

The house had gone silent once more as the knocking stops. You don't move a muscle, listening for something, anything. But the person who had been at your door was now gone. Your fingers, which were still tangled in your hair, begin to pull at the strands of (h/c) hair.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit," you continue to mumble under your breath.

Your breath then hitches when the familiar sound of the door clicking open rings in your ears. Your sobbing temporarily stops as you gasp. How did the person know of your spare key?

"(Y/n)?" a familiar voice calls out.

You whimper as you glance at the door before digging your face back into your knees. Footsteps get closer to you and you curl up tighter. You hear the door open and a gasp leave the person's lips. You flinch slightly when you feel a hand on your shoulder.

"(y/n), whats wr0ng?"

You don't move, hoping that she'd just leave. Your hopes are dropped when you hear her sit beside you. Slowly, you look up to see Aradia sitting beside you, her usual smile wiped from her face.

"Aradia." You whimper pathetically.

Without another word Aradia pulls you into a hug. You lean your head on her shoulder as you continued to sob.

"Just let it 0ut." She say as she rubbed your back softly.

You never thought that you'd feel better if there was someone with you. But you felt so much safer now that you weren't alone.

Eventually your sobs die down until you're just sniffling. Your hands were still holding onto her shirt tightly.

"(Y/n)," Aradia begins, "next time you feel like this just call me."

You nod and pull away from the female troll. You wipe your eyes and look up at the only person who had ever helped you.

"Thank you so much." You smile.

"No problem (y/n)." Aradia smiles.

You lean back against the cupboard and you close your eyes.

It's okay to be not okay.