Lost House | Human!Horrus x Reader

The halls were barren and the air was thick. You could barely breathe as you walk along, your shuffling footsteps echo throughout the building. Usually when you walked by yourself you'd hum, but you just couldn't allow yourself to do so. You were too afraid that someone or something would jump out from any of the doors to attack you.

You were stupid to go along with that damn dare. But the peer pressure was too much for you and you ended up doing exactly what they wanted you to do. You knew the stories of this place, people going missing after staying overnight and disembodied limbs being found on the front lawn. Your so called friends most definitely knew of your potential deadly fate, and just didn't care.

So here you are, all alone and wandering the halls of the infamous 'Lost House'. You were lucky enough to keep your phone with you, so you at least had some light. You look down at the lit up screen, which read 11:56pm. You were dared to stay the whole night, and when you peeked out of the window only minutes earlier, you saw one of your friends standing on the path just outside of house.

You wander the halls until you reach the kitchen. You take a seat on one of the old wooden chairs. You swore that it was going to break, but you were too tired to care. You glance at your phone one more time just as it changes from 11:59 to midnight. As soon as it does the lights flick on, making you jump off of the seat and hide in the corner between the wall and the fridge.

You watch eyes wide and mouth agape as a woman walks in, she looks like any other normal woman. Brown hair tied in a bun, an old timey dress and an apron. The only thing that separated her was the black holes where her eyes should be.

"Children, it's time for dinner!" the woman calls, her voice sweet.

The first child to walk in was a young girl, who could be no older than 10. She had long brown hair and hazel eyes. She looked identical to Aradia, Damara's little sister who went missing like, 6 years ago. She looked extremely pale and her skin seemed to be falling off, as if she were a corpse.

She takes a seat at the table, she short legs swinging.

"Good morning mama." She greets.

That was definitely Aradia.

The next to walk in was a young boy and girl, who were walking together, holding hands. The girl had light brown hair and bright green eyes. The boy had long black hair and blue eyes. You recognised them as Nepeta and Equius. You used to play with them when the older kids wouldn't. Their skin looked in slightly better condition, but still pale and ripped.

They both take seats beside each other. They both greet 'Mama' and wait for their dinner.

The next person to walk in was an older girl with fiery red hair and red glasses still covering her eyes. Although her glasses were cracked and her skin pale, you still recognised her as an old friend of yours, Latula.

She sits down beside Aradia and greets 'Mama'.

The final person to walk through the door was another boy. His dark hair and goggles gave h him away, Horrus. His skin was still its usual colour. He had only disappeared about a week ago, so he mustn't have been here long.

"Hello mama." He greets and sits down on the second to last seat.

You still couldn't move from your spot, scared of what the hell was happening before me. You close your mouth and squish yourself further into the corner, hoping that no one would see you.

You watch from your spot as they each get a bowl put in front of them. You couldn't tell what the food was, but you were pretty sure it was some weird looking porridge.