Cold Blooded | Punk!Dave x Reader (Part 2)

Requested by macaroninii

~~~

Once you arrived home, you quickly made your way to your room and begun to get ready for your date with Dave. After you take a shower you get into your favourite clothes and brush your hair. By the time you had gotten ready it was only about 4:30, so now you had time to spare. You just shrug and decide to play some videogames.

Eventually 6 rolled by and you hear a knock at the door. You turn your console off and make your way to the door. You open up the front door, smiling when you see Dave standing outside.

"Hi Dave." You greet happily.

"Hey (y/n)," Dave replies, smiling back, "ready to go?"

You nod shyly and you and Dave make your way to wherever he had planned for your date. The both of you make small talk as you go along. Once you arrive at Dave's choice of place for your date. You raise a brow and look over at Dave.

"The aquarium?" you ask, "isn't it closed?"

"I have a friend who works there," he shrugs, "convinced him to let us in."

"That's cool." You smile as the both of you walk in.

"Hey John." Dave waves at the guy behind the desk as you enter.

"C'mon, let's take this way." Dave says, grabbing your hand and gently bringing you along.

Even when you manage to catch up to his pace, he doesn't let go of your hand. You smile excitedly as you watch the sharks swim above you.

"They're so cool!" you say in a low voice, smiling.

You don't see it, but Dave smiles as you cutely ogle at the different animals.

~~~

"Thanks for that John." Dave says as you exit the aquarium.

The walk back to your house was filled with small chit chat and really bad jokes.

"I had a lot of fun," you turn to Dave once you arrive back to your house, "thank you."

"So did I." Dave replies.

Dave quickly leans in and kisses your cheek.

"I'll see you at school, I guess." He mumbles and walks off.

You stand still for a moment, stunned. You turn around and walk inside, being greeted by your guardian.

"How was it?" they asked.

"Amazing." You mumble in reply and walk to your room.

~~~

On Monday at school you were sitting by yourself at lunch, your friend was sick and unable to come to school.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" a voice asks.

You look up to see Dave standing beside you, his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Sure." You nod and continue eating.

Dave sits next to you and the both of you sit quietly and eat. You cringe slightly when you hear people whispering around you.

"Why the hell are those two sitting with each other?"

"Isn't that the nerd (y/n) and Dave?"

You don't look up and keep eating.

"Hey, don't listen to them." Dave mumbles to you.

You look over at him and nod with a tight smile.

"So how was your weekend?" you ask.

"It was average," he shrugs, "you?"

"Um, it was fine," you sigh, "fell out of a tree trying to get my cousin's Frisbee."

Dave chuckles, "that explains the scratches."

You were about to reply but the obnoxious bell interrupts you.

"Alright, I'll see you later," you smile, "don't want to be late for class."

Before you leave you press a kiss to Dave's cheek, shocking him.

"Yeah, see you." He says, although you probably couldn't hear him since you were already off, your face red in embarrassment.