As Cold as my Blood | Feferi x Seadweller!Reader x Eridan (Part 2)

"Okay, I'll see you later!" you call out to your lusus as your toes dig into the soft sand.

Your lusus replies with a goodbye before they swim off. Once they're out of sight you turn to look down the beach and begin to walk along it. The wind blows gently, ruffling your damp clothing. You had never been on land before; usually you were swimming or hiding in your hive. You had been waiting for this moment for quite some time, and now that you were out of water, you could spend the night exploring.

")(--EY TH--ER—E!" a voice calls out, stopping you in your tracks.

You turn around to see two seadweller trolls, one running towards you, while the other walks a distance behind her. Your cheeks flush as you watch the young troll run towards you.

"Um, hi." You awkwardly reply.

"Hi, I'm Feferi," the she-troll introduces herself, "and this is my moirail, Eridan."

"I'm (y/n), pleasure to meet both of you."

You look behind Feferi for a moment; Eridan was standing just behind Feferi, his hands behind his back and looking down at his feet. But you didn't look at him for long before you look back at Feferi.

"So, is this your first land ashore?"

You nod in response.

"Well then, we'll show you around!"

And with that Feferi tugged you along as she began to head inland.

~~~

It had been so many sweeps since you had met Feferi and Eridan, and ever since that fateful day, you had felt red for Feferi. It wasn't long until Eridan figured that out and you both had begun a friendly rivalry to catch the heiress' heart.

In the end, you had won, becoming Feferi's matesprit, but that didn't break the somewhat close relationship you had with Eridan. You knew that Eridan was still red for Feferi, even after she had cut off their moiraillegiance. You had also been so red for her.

But that was all for naught, apparently. You meant nothing to Feferi, and you now knew that.

Ever since being killed by Kanaya, you had been stuck in the afterlife, wandering around with Eridan. The both of you hadn't left each other, and it wasn't long before you realised that you were beginning to have feelings for the violet blood. Both you and Eridan knew of each other's feelings, and were okay with them.

Currently, you and Eridan were resting underneath a tree. Eridan was leaning against the tree and you against his shoulder.

"Hey Eridan," you begin, "you know I'm red for you, right?"

"Of course," he replies, "and I for you."

You hum, for some reason, admitting your feelings for him were much easier than with Feferi. She had felt so out of your league and in the end you guess she was.

"Okay, my legs are getting stiff," Eridan groans, "let's go for a walk."

You grunt in response. You hop up and help Eridan to his feet. You keep your grip on Eridan's hand as you begin to walk off in a random direction.

"(Y/n)! Eridan!" you hear a voice call out.

You both stop and turn around, seeing a familiar troll running towards you. You let out a quiet whine and bury your face in Eridan's shoulder. You hear Eridan grunt, and you knew e didn't look happy.

"Feferi." He replies.

"Listen, I am SO sorry about everything I did," she begins, "I shouldn't have been so harsh with you, and done what I did to (y/n)."

"Fef, I forgivve you for wwhat you did to me."

"Oh, than-"

"But, I can't forgivve you for wwhat you did to (y/n)."

You peek from Eridan's shoulder to see Feferi with a shocked look on her face, her white eye wide. She manages to catch your eye, pleading for you to forgive her. Eridan grunts once more, he gently takes your chin and pulls you to look up at him. He presses a quick kiss to your lips.

"I think wwe should get going."

And with that Eridan begins to walk off, your hand gripped in his. You take one last glance at Feferi, your eyes glazing over with tears, a few manage to escape and run down your cheek.

"Hey," Eridan says in a low voice, wiping the tears, "you'll be alright."

"Thank you, Eridan."

"Anything for you."

Man, I felt kinda bad about writing Feferi in that light. She's one of my favourites...