A Baby? | Dave x Baby!Reader

Dave sighs as peels off his shades, collapsing onto the couch. He rubs his sore eyes and keeps them closed, ready to pass out. He had been working for a good week with about 5 hours sleep. He was so deprived from rest that he was sure his body nearly gave way on the way home. But now he had a few weeks off, so he could just relax and catch up on all of the sleep he had missed.

Just as he was about to fall asleep, there was a knock at the door. He groans and sluggishly gets to his feet. He shuffles over to the door and swings it open. When he sees that there was no one standing there he growls, it was probably the next door neighbours' kids. He goes to shut the door, but pauses when he hears a quiet cry. He looks down to see a basket sitting on his patio.

'Oh hell no.'

He kneels down and peels back the blanket covering it to see a tiny baby huddled in it. He notices a scrap piece of paper. He gently takes it out from beside the baby and opens it.

I am so sorry to do this to you, but they couldn't stay with me. I can't get out of my situation and I fear for my baby's life. Please treat them well.

That's when Dave notices a scar on the baby's cheek. Dave sighs and picks up the basket. The sudden jostling causes the baby to wake up and begin to wail. The loud sound rings through Dave's already pounding head, causing him to wince.

"Alright, I'll see what I can feed you."

He closes his front door and heads to his kitchen. He looks through the cupboards and such, only to find out he had nothing. Which he should have figured, but he was too sleep deprived to do so.

'I only have one choice, I guess.'

He pulls his phone from his pocket and dials in his sister's number.

"Dave?"

"Hey Rose," he greets, "listen can you do me a favour?"

"Depends on the favour."

"Can you go buy me some of that baby formula?"

"Why do y-"

The baby's wails became louder, making it very obvious to Rose as to why he needed to formula.

"Alright, I'll be over in 15."

"Thanks."

And with that he hangs up.

"Alright you little shit," Dave sighs, picking you up, "your food is coming."

He tries to soothe them, but it doesn't really work. So when he hears a knock on the door he's overjoyed. He opens the door to reveal a confused Rose. She walks in and instantly makes her way to the kitchen. As she begins to make a bottle of milk, she talks to Dave.

"So may I ask why you have an infant with you?"

"Found them on my front door with that note." He points towards the paper.

She picks it up and briskly reads it.

"How unfortunate," she frowns, "so, what're you going to do with them?"

"Guess I'll keep them." he shrugs.

Rose hands Dave the bottle. He sighs in relief as soon as they begin to drink.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Rose asks, "With such a busy schedule?"

"Yep." He nods.

"Alright, well, I brought everything you'll probably need." Rose shrugs.

"Thank you again."

"No problem," she smiles, "good luck."

And with that she makes her exit. Dave makes his way to the lounge room and sits down on the couch. He begins to hum a lullaby as they drink. Eventually the bottle was emptied and the baby was asleep. Dave smiles as he sits the baby back into the basket to sleep.