Sick Days | Aquariumstuck!Kurloz X Reader

Thank you Okamisan7 and AnimeTrashFTWBruh for this suggestion.

~~~

You let out a giggle as you play with Eridan, the small fish seemed quite happy and every now and again he would look at Feferi. You giggled again, knowing how infatuated he was with the little sea princess. You hear footsteps behind you, you turn around to see Sollux walking up to you, clipboard in hand.

"Hey (y/n), we need you to look after Kurloz for us," Sollux tells you, handing you the clipboard, "he's gotten sick and you're the only one currently free."

"Sure thing," you smile, "bye Eridan."

You wave at the small fish, which was glaring at Sollux.

Once you arrive at the spare pool which was used for sick sea creatures, you notice Kurloz floating in the water, his head resting on the damp cement at the edge.

"Hey there Kurloz." You say in a soft voice, not wanting to startle him.

Kurloz looks up; he looked as though he was smiling. You sit down with your legs into the water, you were happy that you were already wearing a wetsuit. You watch as Kurloz swim towards you and rest his head in your lap. With one hand you begin to pet him, causing him to make a sound of happiness and push up against your hand. With your other hand you hold up the clipboard Sollux had given you and begin to read it.

"Alright, so you've had your medicine so you don't need it 'til tomorrow," you say more to yourself than him, "I just have to keep an eye on you."

You toss the clipboard to the side and continue to pet him, your wetsuit was entirely drenched now. Kurloz seemed to be content with just laying – or floating – there.

"Hey (y/n)." Karkat greets as he walks up to the pool.

"Hey Karkat," you smile up at him, "what are you doing?"

"I was on my way to clean up a mess Gamzee made." He sighs, his usual grumpy expression on his face.

"Have fun with that." You laugh.

You jump slightly when you hear Kurloz growl.

"Hey, calm down." you mumble.

You look back up at Karkat with a sheepish smile, "you should probably go before Kurloz gets angry or something, he's quite sick."

"Yeah, alright," Karkat grumbles as he walks off, "I'll see you later."

You turn back to Kurloz and smile.

"Someone's cranky." You chuckle.

Kurloz just make a laughing like sound.

~~~

It had been two weeks since you began looking after Kurloz and he didn't seem to be getting any better. You were worried for his health; you really hoped that he would be alright.

You were on your way to Kurloz's tank when you managed to hear Sollux talking to Tavros.

"Yeah, Kurloz will have to have the surgery tomorrow."

You stop walking towards the tank and instead walk towards Sollux.

"Kurloz has to have surgery?" you ask, "why wasn't I told?"

"Yeah, I only found out yesterday late at night," Sollux tells you, "if we don't his illness will just worsen."

"Oh, alright, well, I'm going to go check on Kurloz."

You leave Sollux and Tavros to their own thing and head to the sick tank. You sit down as usual and as he usually does he rests his head on your lap. He definitely didn't look well.

"You'll be okay." You smile softly.

~~~

You had just finished your rounds and were taking a break. You didn't really feel like eating so instead you take to sitting around the staff lounge. When Sollux walks into the lounge, you practically jumped up. You walk over to him with a smile.

"Hey (y/n), Kurloz is awake." Sollux tells you, knowing that was what you wanted to hear.

"How did the surgery go?" you ask him.

"It was successful, he'll be fine," Sollux explains, "could you look after him until he recovers."

"Of course."

He leads you into a room where Kurloz was resting in a small kiddy pool.

"He's stuck in here until his stitches are removed."

"Ok, thanks," you nods, "you should go rest, that surgery must have taken quite some time."

"Yeah, will do," Sollux smiles, "thanks (y/n)."

You sit down on the ground, right beside the pool and look up at Kurloz. He practically leaps at you and lays on you. You kiss his nose, and in return he rubs his nose against your cheek.

"Love you too buddy."